Views
Helpful
Replies

Cable tv and phone

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

A client is constructing a block with around 32 houses. They want the following service in every house

1) A phone (like intercom) (preferrably analog/digital phone but if not then we can work out ip phones)

2) Cable TV

In my country, by cable tv i mean that all the channels they are receieved on sattelite dish are shown via one cable center to all the subscribers. They drop a cable ( i think its coaxial) to that house, they plug that cable in their normal TV and they start receiving all the channels. So this client want this type of service in his own construction.

I want to know that is this solution possible in Cisco ? if yes, then kindly help me understand the solution and which components are needed to deploy it.

pls guide me

1 Reply 1

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonn,

There are many different solutions for Voice & Video using Cable infrastructure. What you subscribe in your country is very similar to what is also in the United States.  This forum is not a place for design and solutions.  I would advise you to contact your local Cisco Account Team and they can provide all the necessary assistance and discuss possible options.

In the mean time, take a look and the docs and white papers here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk86/tk89/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

Cheers!

T.