Is it possible to activate some sort of ivr function on this call manager 

in such a way that when i dial in to a number i get an interactive voice

example: to reach divine press 1 or to reach help press 2

11 Replies 11

GaryB-UK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

With regard to the conferencing you may want to look at the cluster parameters to see what the maximum number of allow participants is. I would also look to make sure you have configured the Media Conference Bridges and possibly the Transcoders correctly within the Media Resource Groups and the Media Resource Group Lists and also check the codecs used by each phone.

As far as I am aware there is no IVR within CUCM, this is typically done in the contact centre product (UCCX/UCCE)

You can get very basic IVR using Cisco Unity Connection with Call Handlers or Directory Handlers. If you have Unity Connection I would look there as it may give you what you need.

Here is a generic link about Unity Connection Directory handlers that might be helpful

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx/8xcucsag070.html

Cheers

Gary

Hi 

presently i don't have a Cisco unity connection deploy but i have the CD's available

Am i suppose to deploy it directly on the cucm 8.5?

do it required another platform apart?

Hi

Cisco split out all of their products onto different servers (guests in VMware) You will need to build a new server. Assuming that you are running this on VMware then you will need to use the Unity Connection OVA (template) file, similar to the way you built the CUCM server. The install interface for Unity Connection is very similar to the CUCM install. Once you have installed Unity Connection you will need to integrate them.

For integration you can either go SCCP or SIP, the choice is really yours. On newer 10+ versions I prefer SIP but I am not sure of the level of support for SIP integration on 8.5 so you might be better going with SCCP.

Below is a link to the Unity Connection documentation, where they have both SCCP and SIP integration guides

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unity-connection/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

One last thing I would mention is about licensing as you will need to ensure you have Unity connection licensing.

Hope this helps

Gary

Thanks for this it will help 

We are using MCS 7800 Series server

Hi

If you installed the CUCM on the bare metal then that will mean that you will have to install the Unity Connection on another server. If you have access to a VMWare server then you may be able to install it on that, or at least initially for a POC.

Below is a link to the VMware requirements for  Unity Connection 8.5

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unity_Connection

Cheers

Gary

Ok 

But i have 2 MCS 7800 Series server

Intend to use one for CUCM and the other for CUC

Hope is ok 

Yes thats totally fine. Insert the CUC CD/DVD into the available server and you should be able to complete the installation.

-Terry

OK thanks will do that and let you know

Greetings,

I haven't yet really deploy this because there is tuck of war with what is needed and if unity connection can handle.

Since like 100 users don't have a direct line to reach from GSM numbers or international,  30 SDA numbers from the 100 numbers been provider by the pstn provider needs to reserve or group for the 100 users having just local cisco phone numbers,

In such a way that outside customers will have just one number given to them so when they dial that number it's then forwarded to the 30 numbers depending on which is free or open then they then get an interactive voice to talk to Divine press 1 to talk to Cisco press 4 to talk to Cucm press 7 all through to the 100 users 

Can Cisco unity connection handle this 

Hi

Without knowing the exact specific requirements it is hard to say. It may be possible to do what you want with Unity Connection but it sounds like you will be pushing the capability. If you want Time of Day routing and a full IVR solution you may want to look at UCCX. If there is some concern that Unity Connection will not do what you need you could always build the server and then run it on Demo licenses for as a POC and then determine if it does what the business needs.

Gary

Hi

Then to me you sound like you should be able to do what you need. Without looking at the specifics of the hardware and the version you are running I can't say for sure it will do what you need but from my initial assessment you should be good.

If you are deploying this into a production system I would also note that the 8.5 CUCM product has entered the end of sale period with the end of support being 2 years from now.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/7800-series-media-convergence-servers/eos-eol-notice-c51-730843.html

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: