Views
Helpful
Replies

call drop Intermittently through MGCP gateway

9898nishit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Calls are getting disconnect intermittently through MGCP gateway.

My voice gateway hardware config is as below.

CISCO2821-V/K9

PVDM2-32U64

PVDM2-64

two no - VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1

Can any one help why call are getting disconnected.

Regards,

Nishit

6 Replies 6

This offers nearly 0 information.

You'll need to be more specific about how calls drop, what you hear, what shows up on your IP phone, if it has a pattern, how long it has been happening, when it started happening, what changed, what version your gateways are on, what version CUCM you're on, what type of PSTN connection you have (CAS, PRI), error messages from CUCM or the gateway, anything.

Hi,

User hear beep beep...tone when calls are getting disconnected. Users are not getting any error message on phone when calls are getting disconnected. User has to redial the call.

Calls are getting disconnected intermittently. There are three E1 PRI terminated on VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card. MGCP gateway's ios part no is S28NSPSK9-12403

cisco 2800 SP services. cucm version is 5.1.3c

I don't know how to check any error message related to pri line in call manager. I had observed sometime layer 2 of all three pri lines flaping, but i am not sure whether calls are getting disconnected due to layer 2 flapping or is there any problem in the config of the mgcp gateway or call manager.

Herewith i am attaching config of mgcp voice g/w and debug output.

Pl observe and help if you found anything wrong.

Regards,

Nishit

Looks like your provider is having issues:

*Dec 18 09:11:46: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x8A4C

Cause i = 0x82A9 - Temporary failure

*Dec 18 09:11:46: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE pd = 8 callref = 0x0A4C

*Dec 18 09:11:46: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8A4C

Cause i = 0x82A9 - Temporary failure

Temporary failure is a non-standard disconnect cause, and means internal failure in the provider network.

Hi Nicholas,

Actually I have the disconnect issue for inbound and outband call, I think the problem is with the  "Cause i = 0x82A9 - Temporary failure" logg, which is presents when I activated the debug isdn q931.

The topology is  PSTN-GW28XX-CCM5.1 . I talked about that and I showed the messages to Telco´s technician, but He say this´snt a problem, but I think this is not correct...

We have only one E1-PRI on gateway, and we have 51 "Temporary failure" events over a period of 36 hours including inbound and outbound calls.

Do you have any tips about root cause by the telco side or what thing they could review to find the cause.

Thanks a lot.

Ivan Garrido.

Apologies for bumping such an old thread, but did you ever get a solution to this?

I have a customer who is experiencing the same problem, and everything points to the telco, but telcos being telcos, getting an answer isn't easy. 

Thanks

Richard

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Open up a new thread and add any logs if you have collected to review.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: