cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler to Operator not working

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a new Unity server running v 2.4.6. When I press 0 to go the operator the VM says that the operator is not available and sends me to record a greeting. I checked the TSP version and it says that it is version 1.0.0.21. I know that I have seen that 1.0.0.28 is the most recent version. Is that causing my problem??<br><br>Jim Brennan<br><br>

25 Replies 25

Not applicable

It could be... what version of CM are you connecting to?

So the transfer to the operator's phone is not happening? It's just popping right back to the greeting? Can you check (using StatusMonitor.exe in the techtools directory under Commserver) and see if the call is being released on one port and bouncing back at us on another port?

If you're seeing the call go out and then bounce right back at us on another port (forwarded from the operator extension) it might be related to a timing related issue we've seen from time to time that can be worked around by adding a comma or two at the end of the transfer string.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I am using Call Manager 3.0(8). I will check the call using the status monitor. I installed the Cisco TSP off of the 2.4.6 CDs. I seem to remember seeing a posting that said the TSP on the 2.4.6 CDs was 1.0.0.28? Did I install the wrong TSP?

I was able to get Unity to tranfer the call one time to an extension. I then changed the extension number to forward to a hunt group. After that the transfer does not work no matter what extension I use (i.e. Hunt Group or IP Phone extension).

I installed the one in the Cisco Directory on Disk 1.

Not applicable

We are experiencing exactly the same situation at a site just installed. Unity is 2.4.6 and CM is 3.08. Can you tell me how to check the AV Cisco TSP version?

Not applicable

If you are using windows 2000. Go to the control panel and then to add remove programs. Then select the AVCisco TSP. There sould be a hyperlink for support information. If you click that you should see the version of the TSP.

I can tell the same story. Trying to use the dafault call handler, that should transfer the call to the operator, fails every time. I am using CallManager 3.0.8, Unity ver 2.4.5 but the new Cisco TSP.
I have tried other transfers back to the CM from Unity, but everything fails.
There seems to be a problem - any suggestions on how to proceed
Pl

Not applicable

The only suggestion I have is to try to tack a couple of commas (pauses) onto the end of the dial string and see if that helps the transfer compelete. The only known problem I know of is a timing related issue where we release the call too quickly and CM ends up bouncing it back at us without actually trying the call.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Hi Jeff

What you mean is, that if the operator dial the extension giving us the Unity Lady's opening greeting, and from there on dial the extension followed by #2, and then do the transfer to the outside caller, this caller will hear the voice mail of the subscriber?
If that's the case it is indeed an acceptable solution.

Not applicable

Yes... #2 tells Unity to not attempt to do the transfer to that subscriber's extension if it's enabled. The operator would dial the extension followed by #2 then complete the transfer (presumably just hang up). The caller would then hear the subscriber's personal greeting and could leave a message.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I have a TAC Case open now. But I have been doing some testing with Unity and CM. I can from the Opening Greeting transfer to an extension, that works fine. However, when I press 0 to go to the operator, Unity says that the "Operator is not available".

Using the port monitors I don't see the call being sent back to Unity from Call Manager. I have entered the Operator extension in the Operator Call Handler. Is there somewhere else that I need to enter the extension number?

What else should I be checking?

Not applicable

If you're doing a release transfer, there's nothing else you can do on the Unity side other than trying to add a comma or two to the end as I've suggested earlier in the thread (no one has gotten back to me to indicate if that helps or not).

If CM is tossing the call back at us on another port, it's indicating that the port is busy or something or the transfer is failing for some other reason. If adding a comma or two at the end of the transfer string doesn't work, you'll need to get some CM folks involved to see why CM is not happy with the transfer.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I too had this problem with Unity 2.4.6 and CM 3.0.8

If during the greeting with the default call handler you do nothing and wait for the call to divert to the operator number, the call will go to the operator phone OK. But if the call is not answered in four rings it comes back to the default Unity call handler greeting again on a different port, and you go through same dialogue again.

A work around I used was to go into the uOne port settings, and remove the "forward no answer" number (usually the next uOne ports extension number). Leave the forward on busy. The call will then go to the operator and ring until it is answered.

It looks to me like the "transfer to switch" feature isn't working as expected.

Cheers

Tim Banks

Solution Architect
MCSE Unity SE
Compaq Global Services

Not applicable

I'm not sure I'm following you... it sounds to me like the transfer feature is working exactly as it should. If we release a call to the extension and the switch forwards it back to us after 4 rings, and we answer it, what are we doing wrong? What do you expect us to do here? Perhaps I'm confused about what you're trying to do...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Hi Jeff

I probably don't understand how the default call handler works,

I want the call to the operator number to ring until they answer it, not go back to Unity. The operator (and default) call handler has a transfer type of "transfer to switch" which I thought meant that Unity was no longer monitoring the call, and hence would not take it back unlike a supervised transfer.

So I was surprised that the call came back in to Unity.

Is my understanding wrong about the two types of call transfer?

Appreciate the patience,

Tim Banks

Solution Architect
MCSE Unity SE
Compaq Global Services

Not applicable

Right... if we're set to do "release to switch" we are, indeed, letting the call go and not supervising it's call progress. But you had your switch (Call Manager in this case) programmed to send the call back to voice mail after 4 rings. So it wasn't a Unity call handler configuration issue you were running into, it was the fact that you didn't really want the phone to forward to the voice mail hunt group after 4 rings.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: