cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Inbound problem

zawadzkij
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have a dedicated inbound DID number going to UNity for the Automated attendent. We had an issue today when dialing inbound into the main number it would busy out. Same result for other DID's, they would ring then busy out when Unity kicked in. Unity status monitor showed Unity was running. I had the client stop and start the Unity Service. Dialing inbound to Unity was then restored. We currently have a Catalyst 6000 with a 6608 T1 module. Is there a way on the Call Manager to set up a secondary extension for an operator to pickup in case unity fails again when dialing the Main DID number. Thanks

1 Reply 1

s-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you send a sample config of incoming pots dial-peer? The way I look at it is that you configured an incoming pots dial-peer wherein you specify the whole pilot number of you Unity Voice mail. Assuming your telco gives you a DID range of 2348XXX wherein the X represents the different local numbers you can assign in your phone. Let say, the telco can you four digits for you to input it in your incoming dial-peer pots and let say also that you assigned your voice mail pilot no. with 8300.

My guess is that you configured a pots dial-peer something like this:

dial-peer voice 100 pots

incoming called-number 8300

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:23

When having this configuration, even you have another pots dial-peer that have this line "incoming called-number 8...", still the incoming dial-peer that is match will be dial peer 100. Why because when you configured DID pots dial-peer it will match the string base on variable length and not digit by digit.

My advise is for you to check the incoming pots dial-peer you configured.

Regards,

Sherwin