Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

CALL MANAGER 4.1(3) cannot install Locale Installer

Trying to install Locale Installer setup responds with

Error: "Another Locale Installer is Running please ...."

How can I avoid this situation or where do I tell Call Manager that there is no other installation in process.

We tried a previous Locale but apparently it did not work at all so this could be the error.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Beginner

I had this happen to me. Its because an initial install of Locales didnt complete. The ccm seems to think that the locales are now on there when they arent and wont let you run the install again.

I repeated this at another site and the Locales installed OK.

I've brought this up with Cisco and if they send me a fix I'll update you.

Highlighted

Paul

That is what exaclty happend to me. The locale installation file was corrupted, but when we tried to install a good one, couldn´t.

If you have any fix, I´ll appreciate any further help.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi

Did you ever receive a response to this as I have exactly the same problem?

Regards

June

Highlighted

Hello,

I've opened a case for a customer who had exactly the same problem.

Tac ingenier answer the following:

The workaround for this one is to delete the "LocaleInstaller" registry key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MAHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\LocaleInstaller

Once you delete this registry key, you then need to reboot the CallManager and run the new Locale installer.

------

Hope that it helps

Stephanie

Highlighted

June

Nop, my problem was that we first tied to install locale for CM 4.1(3), but first time setup hung.

After that we lost locale for IPC so it would be defaulting to tftp.

We tried to correct trying to install again locale but it stated there was another locale instance running.

The problem was with MS-SQL (shit)

to solve the problem we had to re-install Call Manager again.

We have not had any strong issues with SQl on previous CM but with 4.1x we are having some.

Hope you can solve your problem TAC of CISCO people from this forum even that are CIE are "Book Expertice" and not field, sorry for them.

Highlighted

Mmm, I dont think so, TAC engineers from my experience, are really good, no matter they are CCIE´s or not. I have opened severals TAC SRs (not basic CCM troubleshooting as in your post which from my point view has nothing to do with field experience) and they not only have a solid IP telephony background for Cisco products but also have been working in the field for years.

Basically the good thing for Cisco is that you will always get an answer (although sometimes the final answer is not TAC supported :( !)

Content for Community-Ad