Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager - Cannot add a new user

ehempton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running Cisco Call Manager version 3.2. We have a publisher and 1 subscriber.

When I try to create a new user via the web interface ("user/add new user") the following error is returned when I complete the fields and press insert:-

Insert failed: transaction aborted.

UserID is not defined.

I have been unable to find similar problems/solutions in the forum except for one procedure which recommends fixing problems with DC Directory. However, the symptoms associated with the problem are not the same as mine. Should I follow this procedure (databse is less that 100Mb) and run the reconfig_cluster.cmd? Will I lose any data?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

3 Replies 3

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Are you using DC directory or active directory as your LDAP?

If it is DC directrory please make sure it is running and it is not paused or stopped.Also according to the error that you are getting it looks as though you are not entering the User id .Please make sure you fill in all the information on the user page.

Thanks,

Radhika

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Are you using DC directory or active directory as your LDAP?

If it is DC directrory please make sure it is running and it is not paused or stopped.Also according to the error that you are getting it looks as though you are not entering the User id .Please make sure you fill in all the information on the user page.

Thanks,

Radhika

Hi,

Yes we are using DC directory. I can confirm that DC directory service is running from a net start command.

I have filled out all the fields on the new user form so I don't think that this is the problem.

Regards