Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager Upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

softnetcorp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i am going to upgrade an existing call Manager 3.x with Unity System Installed to call manager 4.x in order to recognize the Cisco VT advantage . so my question is : could i keep the existing configuration without change after Upgrade ? if Yes what shall i do before and after upgrade to keep the same configuration ? will the Cisco Unity Interface with CallManager 3.x be changed when i do the Upgrade to 4.x?

last question , do you have Doc or URL that help configuring the Cisco Voice Gateway 3745( with E1 Interface ) to an Ericsson PABX through Ericsson MD110 E1 Card ?

Thanks for Your Help

Khaled

1 Reply 1

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

I recently upgraded from 3.3(4)sr2 to 4.x with unity on a separate server. Are you running CM and Unity on different servers? I made sure of the following before upgrading:

- Latest SR and OS kits

- Latest version of BARS installed with backups performed and kept a couple backups of previous version

- If you have the hardware create a test lab and restore your backups just to test and also test the upgrade.

- If possible create a disk image using something like ghost etc.

Create check list of items to test such as:

- Phone registrations

- Indial / out dial

- Voice mail functionality, forwarding, and accessibility

- Attendant console

etc etc..

- Upgrade the TSP for Unity on the unity server

I also found that there were little differences with route lists/ groups the upgrade created additional call manager groups with them, double check that.

As for the Ericsson try the interoperability portal

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/avvid/inter_operability/

Hope this is of some help, good luck.