Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call PickUp Groups and Hunt Groups

Is it possible that a set of telephones, belonging to the same Call PickUp Group and to the same Hunt Group, can pickup calls destined to their Hunt Group?

I have CallManager 4.0(2) and when I try, from a phone, to pickup a call that was destined to the hunt group and that is ringing on another phone (that is simultaneously part of the same hunt group and part of the same pickup group), the call capture fails.

However, if the call was destined to a particular phone extension (and not to a hunt pilot extension), I'm able to pickup the call, on the same phones, without any problem.

Is there any limitation regarding Call PickUp for Hunt Pilot extensions?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Same issue with CCM 4.1

Only calls directly to the line can be picked up - ugly, since the ring ton eon the phone is the only thing I hear beofre I try pickup. That causes a major usability problem.

Maybe you can try this (just an idea)

Create fake IP phone, take number of pilot point (PP)(you have to change num of PP too) forward this phone to PP, configure pickup number on this line...

Whenever a call is made to a number/line configured with a pickup number, this pickup number will be temporarily activated in the numbering plan. With the pickup button you actually kind of call this number.

So this might work - I haven't tried it....

Good luck!

/Martin

View solution in original post

Guys

The problem you guys run into is documented in callmanager 4.0.1 release notes and this is WAD (Working as desgined )

"Call pickup is not allowed for a hunt pilot number".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00801e87a5.html

Hope this Helps

Thanks

Aman

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Have the same problem, saw somewhere on the cisco site that on ver4.0 this is the case, but havn't found anything on ver 4.1 which i'm using.

Same issue with CCM 4.1

Only calls directly to the line can be picked up - ugly, since the ring ton eon the phone is the only thing I hear beofre I try pickup. That causes a major usability problem.

Maybe you can try this (just an idea)

Create fake IP phone, take number of pilot point (PP)(you have to change num of PP too) forward this phone to PP, configure pickup number on this line...

Whenever a call is made to a number/line configured with a pickup number, this pickup number will be temporarily activated in the numbering plan. With the pickup button you actually kind of call this number.

So this might work - I haven't tried it....

Good luck!

/Martin

Hello Martin.

I was already using that exact workaround. It works just fine!

But I wanted to make sure that this was some limitation of CCM 4.0 and not some problem with my configuration.

Thanks for your help!

Guys

The problem you guys run into is documented in callmanager 4.0.1 release notes and this is WAD (Working as desgined )

"Call pickup is not allowed for a hunt pilot number".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00801e87a5.html

Hope this Helps

Thanks

Aman

Actually it doesn't.

If the documentation is okay and it's designed accordingly but it's not usable for end-users, it's not good.

As customer satisfaction and usability are very important to me (I hope others too) - I'd really like to see that changed.

"Works as designed" does not mean "designed well"... :-)

/Martin

"Works as designed" does not mean "designed well"... :-)

That one is worth framing and hanging on the wall! (or maybe sending as gifts to Cisco product people)

; )

Mary Beth

Hi Martin

I aggree with you but the changes in callmanager have been bought about by feature requests put in by end customers ,If you would like this behaviour to be changed put in a feature request for the same.

Thanks

Aman

Hello rantunes:

I Have same problem!

Can you description more solve process.

I think uesful for user.

Thanks for your help!

Imagine that you want a hunt group with extension 1000 (hunt pilot number). Also, imagine that you have a Call Pickup Group with extension 1900.

Configure a hunt pilot number, for the phones belonging to the hunt group, with extension 1001 (and not 1000!).

Configure a virtual phone (for example, with MAC 000000001000), with extension 1000. Then, on the line extension, choose Forward All - and forward to extention 1001. You also have to place the line extension (1001) on the same Call Pickup Group as the other phones (1900).

This way, calls to extension 1000, will be forwarded to hunt group 1001. Because extension 1000 belongs to the same Call PickUp Group as the other phones (1900), you will be able to capture calls destined to extension 1000.

Hope that helps. If you have any other doubts, don't hesitate...

Good luck!

Sorry, I meant to say «You also have to place the line extension (1000) on the same Call Pickup Group as the other phones (1900).». Because 1000 is a line extension - while 1001 is a hunt pilot number. And CCM 4.0 and 4.1 only support Call PickUp for line extensions (and not for hunt pilot numbers).

Thanks!! It's work!

But, I think CM must solve this problem.

About Hunting Group.My another question is that your setup call forward,busy,no answer is not effect.when the call into Hunting Group you just wait it to ring all the member int the Hunting Group and then CM will drop this call.Have any idea can forword this call adain?

I configured Forward All, as well as Forward No Answer and Forward Busy. With that configuration, with CCM 4.0(1), the call keeps circulating among phones on the hunt group until someone finally picks up the phone. CCM does not drop the call.

Good luck

If you have a hunt group number is 1000.three ip phones number is 1001,1002,1003.

Now you dial 1000.if no one pick up the phone,it ring 1001 ,1002 and then 1003 finally the call will be drop.

If I set up forward all to 2000 in Phone 1002.Then I dial 1000. the Phone 1002 forward is not work.Next it still ring 1003, if 1003 no pick up. It will be drop.

So, I think if you dial Hunting Group Dial Number and then Call Forward All,Call Forward no answer,Call Forward Busy function will be disable.

Thanks you help!!

do get call to stay in a hunt group, i.e. just go round and round the members.

Within the Hunt Pilot Configuration page : put its own number against the Forward Hunt NO Answer Destination.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: