Views
Helpful
Replies

Call rerouting through Inter-Cluster Trunks

yamikani2g2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts.

I have a sip domain that has Cisco deployments, the Cisco CUCMs have Inter-cluster trunks among them. Below is what i have designed. 

(Non Cisco )Site A-------SIP Trunk--------(CUCM) Site B -----Inter-Cluster Trunk--------Site C,D,E,F,G ( CUCM)

I want Site A to be able to call Site C or D etc and vice versa. Site A is non Cisco CUCM its from a different vendor. The Cisco deployment has CUCM which have inter-cluster trunks, meaning the sites C D E and F are able to call each other with no issues.

Q: I am asking how can I integrate the non Cisco Call manager to make sure it can call the other sites C D E F and G?

Can i use  a translation pattern here? or will i have to use a CSS. Currently i can call between A and  B through the SIP trunk. I have created extensions on B that i have forwarded to A. This is how i have achieved calling from C,D,E,F,G  to site A. Now how can I achieve the reverse.. this being site A caling C,D,E,F,G. How can I drop all calls coming from A on B into the inter-cluster trunk? I am stuck here! what technology or work around is there. 

Please if there is going to be some input here could you please assist with a deployment example or a video. I thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I created a route pattern on the B Call manager that was accepting numbers destined to C i dropped the calls on the Inter cluster trunk facing C. I achieved one way calling from my third party call manager to the Cluster.

Return leg, all sites calling "A call manager" I created a route pattern on the ICT central call manager  with a route partition capturing numbers destined to A. The exit interface for this leg was the ICT trunk to B. Further more B has a route pattern again receiving all numbers destined to A. This partion's exit interface was the SIP trunk.

This is how i managed to resolve the issue. We now can call both ways.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You've already asked this, and the answer remains the same.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-collaboration-subjects/sip-call-forwarding-between-two-domains/m-p/3817926

CSS, partitions and regular call routing. There is no documentation for this, if you understand the above elements, that's all you need. Read the dial plan chapter from the SRND. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey JV

I dont seem to get this right am trying to no avail. Could you assist with an example it looks like a duplicate cause am trying to explain my situation.

Is there a way i can see where or what is happening to the call that i place from site A how can i see what is happening to the calls on Site B. I have route partens and CSS that are working for calls that are generated off Site B to site C and A. I need to know how to recieve a call from site A and place it on the right trunk out going... please assist.

Adam in the previous post already explained this, there is no guide, video, link, etc. for this scenario, as this just requires good understanding of call routing in CUCM.

Assume you dial 1000, and I assume there are SIP trunks from A <-> B <-> C

cluster A, route pattern 1000 to cluster B

cluster B, route pattern 1000 to cluster C. Inbound CSS from A's SIP trunk can reach RP 1000

cluster C, inbound CSS from B's sip trunk allows you to reach DN 1000

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Well explained JV,

I have a Route pattern pointing me to C on B, a call originating off B is able to call A or C because of these Route pattern.

I seem not to be able to make B receive a call destined to C to place it on the right outgoing interface. Calls initiated off A are able to reach B and calls initiated on B are able to reach C, D, E and F.

Please explain to me how will B receive and reroute a call say 1001 destined to C. How will it receive it and re-route it to an hit the RP routing numbers to C. I have a Route Pattern for 100X numbers as an Route Pattern on B . Further more 300X as an RP for D and 400X as an RP for E. Extensions on B can call extension 1001 which is on C and can call 300X which is on D... and 400X which are on E. 

On the other hand A can not call 100X, 300X, 400X... ingress on B how will these numbers be received and rerouted to hit the right RP to go to the right cluster thats my question....

Hope i have refined my question? I do understand the hop by hope routing that is happening. 

I created a route pattern on the B Call manager that was accepting numbers destined to C i dropped the calls on the Inter cluster trunk facing C. I achieved one way calling from my third party call manager to the Cluster.

Return leg, all sites calling "A call manager" I created a route pattern on the ICT central call manager  with a route partition capturing numbers destined to A. The exit interface for this leg was the ICT trunk to B. Further more B has a route pattern again receiving all numbers destined to A. This partion's exit interface was the SIP trunk.

This is how i managed to resolve the issue. We now can call both ways.