cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing Failing - Trace attached

kdurrett
Level 3
Level 3

Need some assistance with the partial trace that's attached. Call comes in via PRI, CCM(4.0(2a)sr2b) to route call to gateway with T1CAS. From the trace i'm guessing that its failing with "B channel out of service". The controller shows up/up and I'm not sure what i'm missing. Would someone point me in the right direction or know what it is I might be missing. hopefully i've posted enough information but will reply with additional if needed. TIA

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi kdurret,

10/22/2006 16:18:48.064 CCM|MGCPHandler received msg from: 10.43.71.1

501 87441 Call Setup failed

We are getting an error at MGCP level, we need to check if its at MGCP level, Voice Port level or CAS signalling.

If instead of hairpinning the call, from an IP Phone you directly dial 4177 (number dialed for your trace) in outbound direction using the T1 CAS what you get?

Since its a T1 CAS on the GW run a debug vpm signal, and make sure all settings are correct. (The most common problems with CAS is a missmatch between the configurations on each side of the CAS Trunk. If one side is configured for wink start, and the other is configured for inmediate start, calls will fail because the side doing inmediate start wont send a wink to indicate it is ready to begin receiving digits.)

Let us know

//G