cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-id or ANI dosen't appear on IP Phones

startryst
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.3(3)sr3, Cisco 2621(12.2(15)T16), NM-2V+VIC-2FXO, Using MGCP between CCM and Voice Gateway.

IP Phone dosen't display the caller-id or ANI

Is there any solution for this?

8 Replies 8

yavuz_sab
Level 1
Level 1

The last time i heard from Cisco or the TAC. Caller ID for FXO is not supported with MGCP only H323. They will introduce the support for Caller ID in the near future for MGCP but we've got no ETA on that as yet!

Cheers!

Yavuz

Oh, man. This really stinks. We've been looking at going with Cisco for VoIP but this might be a problem. After looking at this page, I see that there are features that we require that are missing from both MGCP and H.323. No matter which way we go, we're missing something we have to have.

:-( Dang it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that CM 4.2 addresses this problem. Otherwise, we might be forced to go with another vendor.

Caller-ID is supported with H.323. Seems to me you need VIC-2FXO-M1 instead of VIC-2FXO for ANI support, though.

What other features are you looking for?

Caller-ID is supported with H.323. Seems to me you need VIC-2FXO-M1 instead of VIC-2FXO for ANI support, though.

What other features are you looking for?

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

Use H.323 with VIC-2FXO-M1. VIC-2FXO doesn't support ANI.

michael_davis
Level 4
Level 4

Use H.323 with VIC-2FXO-M1. VIC-2FXO doesn't support ANI.

Michael,

Can you use H323 for the FXO for a gateway that speaks mgcp with the Callmanager ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: