cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Line ID Presentations with 6.1.1

boussioss
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded from Call Manager 4.1.3 and would like our Calling line numbers to be presented to all outgoing calls. This configuration has changed in 6.1.1, it migrated it to say "default" and I know where I can change it on my translation patterns or route pattern configurations to allowed. However, the documentation says: "You can use the Calling Line ID Presentation field in the Gateway Configuration window to control whether the CLID displays for all outgoing calls on the gateway." But I can't find where to change it on the gateway. Help please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sally,

My pref is always the route group. I know you have a simple requirement today. But it gives you the flexibility for later.

Im not sure if you are H323 or MGCP..

But if you are MGCP - go to the gateway, then your specific endpoint (circuit), i.e. your E1 / T1.

You have a section "Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls"

Here you have - "Calling Party Presentation" - you can set to restricted, allowed or default

You also have Caller ID DN - you can specify one number to display as CLI.

If it is H323 just go to your gateway. It has the same section.

Also with H323 you can configure translations etc on the router itself. Extra flexibility, but to keep it simple, best to avoid unless you have some very specific requirement.

Cheers,

Tim

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

go to the endpoint or H323 gateway and look for:

Caller ID DN

Enter the pattern that you want to use for calling line ID, from 0 to 24 digits.

For example, in North America:

•555XXXX = Variable calling line ID, where X equals an extension number. The CO appends the number with the area code if you do not specify it.

•5555000 = Fixed calling line ID, where you want the Corporate number to be sent instead of the exact extension from which the call is placed. The CO appends the number with the area code if you do not specify it.

CUCM 4.X has the same field

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Be aware.. if you change it on the gateway that it applies to all calls.. so you have no flexibility with CLID policy...

A good place to manipulate CLID is on the Route List > Route Group binding.

If you need actual CLID restriction, you have to do it on the gateway, route patterns or translation patterns.

You can have different CSS's with different route patterns or route lists that provide different CLID restrictions / modifications.

Cheers,

Tim

I appreciate your concern, but I want all of my calls to have their external number visible to all outgoing calls. I really want to keep things as simple as possible, I do not want to have many calling search spaces, I just want to set up the default at a high level that allows all external numbers to be visible on all calls. I use it for my 911 and I have a DID number for every one of my phones.

So if I only have two route groups and I change the Use Calling Party\'s External Number Mask from "Default" to "On", on both route groups that should essentially allow the external numbers to be visible on all calls?

Thanks,

Sally

Hi Sally,

Yep turn them to on.

Just check your gateway setting as well.. as I believe that will override all the other settings if it is configured.

Cheers,

Tim

I have it working by changing the setting to On at the route group. I never could figure out what anyone means by "changing it at the Gateway". I could never find the gateway settings. I guess it works, but for my own education it would probably be good to know what that means exactly.

Thanks for your help,

Sally

Hi Sally,

My pref is always the route group. I know you have a simple requirement today. But it gives you the flexibility for later.

Im not sure if you are H323 or MGCP..

But if you are MGCP - go to the gateway, then your specific endpoint (circuit), i.e. your E1 / T1.

You have a section "Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls"

Here you have - "Calling Party Presentation" - you can set to restricted, allowed or default

You also have Caller ID DN - you can specify one number to display as CLI.

If it is H323 just go to your gateway. It has the same section.

Also with H323 you can configure translations etc on the router itself. Extra flexibility, but to keep it simple, best to avoid unless you have some very specific requirement.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks, that is the information I needed.

Hi, can anyone help with this. I have an office where the outbound CLID is restricted, but I need to change this to restricted for some users, their DDI presented for another department and also a main number presented for another department.

Our service provider says they can pass-through whatever we present to them.

We are running CM6.1 and the gateway is MGCP E1. I understand how you can set it on the Gateway or on the Route Pattern but what is the best way to get some users displaying one thing and others displaying something different or nothing at all.

Many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: