cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 4.1 and RightFax via MGCP gateway

dtangent
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully deployed RightFax in this scenario? I have one voice gateway connected to the PSTN via a PRI, and another (non-PSTN) PRI to the Cisco Fax server's brooktrout card. Voice and fax both have their DID ranges. I want fax call to come in via PSTN, and be routed out the other PRI interface to the RightFax server. I understand you can do it with H.323, but has anyone done this with MGCP? I guess this would be considered hairpin-ing a call on the MGCP gateway.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

k_vishwesh
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have similar senario for one of mu customer.you configure the PRI connected to Fax server as MGCP.If you have reserved the DN for fax server then create route pattern for all the number matching the DN and associate the gateway to this new PRI.with this the call will come in via PSTN gw --- ccm --- ( outgoing call)--- Fax server PRI.No need for any configuration on ccm.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

k_vishwesh
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have similar senario for one of mu customer.you configure the PRI connected to Fax server as MGCP.If you have reserved the DN for fax server then create route pattern for all the number matching the DN and associate the gateway to this new PRI.with this the call will come in via PSTN gw --- ccm --- ( outgoing call)--- Fax server PRI.No need for any configuration on ccm.

Thanks. I thought it would work. Just feel more comfortable knowing that someone has already done it.

Hello,

My topology is:

[ FaxServer with H323 stack (T38) ] ------- [CCM]

|

[MGCP GW] ------------------------------------+

|

|

PSTN

I'd like send/receive fax through MGCP gateway.

My mgcp configuration is:

mgcp

mgcp call-agent IPCCMSC2 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify

mgcp package-capability rtp-package

no mgcp package-capability res-package

mgcp package-capability sst-package

mgcp package-capability pre-package

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp sdp simple

no mgcp fax t38 ecm

mgcp fax t38 gateway force

mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static

!

mgcp profile default

but I can't send/receive fax. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: