cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 4.1 Calling Search spaces and Partitions

jschlimg
Level 1
Level 1

The partitions page in callmanager states that you can add 75 partitions. Is this a max limit for within a callmanager cluster? I have a customer deploying to over 35 sites, a gateway and 3-5 ip phones per site. For the COS they are wanting I'm looking at 4 partitions per site, totalling over 120 partitions. Am I going to run into issues with this config? Are there any workarounds?

3 Replies 3

solomin
Level 1
Level 1

There is a limitation in maximum length of the combined CSS clause (device and pattern) which is 1024 characters. Because the CSS clause uses partition names, the maximum number of partitions in a CSS varies depending on the length of the partition names. Look here

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmsys/a03ptcss.htm#wp1024070

The shorter partition name you use, the more partition you can use.

Regards,

Sergey

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The max number of partitions you can enter depend on the number of characeters in each partition name. For ex: 2 letter partition names can go up to 170.

Since devices and lines have CSS, and CSS of line is clubbed to CSS of device, the max character limit in an individual CSS is limited to 512.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate all posts@!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

nathan.a.reeves
Level 1
Level 1

I'd take a look at the CCM SRND available from the Cisco.com site. The document covers two types of setup, the traditional approach and the Line/Device Approach. Take a look at this (around page 10-68) as it may assist.

We've used the Traditional approach, but hit limits on the number of partitions in each CSS. This was partially due to the length of the Partition names (as suggested below, minimise the name length, and I'd mark the partition by putting a '_p' at the end of the name instead of the start. Just means you can type the starting letter of the Partition to drop to the nearest point).

I'm currently looking at migrating over to the Line/Device approach but still looking it over to see if we're going to hit issues with this.