cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

callmanager 6.x directory hide users

rywalker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi is there a way to hide users in the corp directory using informax?

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you doing an LDAP sync from AD? If so, you can either put a character that LDAP does not recognize such as "~" or "[" in the name or remove the first or last name in AD and then resync.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Thanks for the reply, No AD sync just local infomax. Ideas?

Hi Thanks for the reply, No AD sync just local infomax. Ideas?

There have been several threads on the forum regarding this issue. As far as I know, there is no solution within CUCM.

Brandon

Looks like we will have to do a AD sync..

thanks

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

To hide users from the corporate directory make them an "application user". Only "End Users" show up in the corporate directory.

Using the AD Sync with LDAP is a different story that only gets me frustrated. Before we could hide AD accounts by adding CiscoPrivateUser in the description field but this feature has since been removed with CM5.x and higher.

Looks like that will work, my problem now is I am using sip phones and when adding the user as a application user I do not have the option under the sip phone setting to choose this user as a digest user for authentication. Ideas or am I missing something

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: