Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager and voicemail problems

When I dial directly from a phone to the Cisco Unity hunt pilot number, the call is successful: the attendant asks for the phone password and if I want to personalize the user settings.

However, I can't get Forward All, Forward Busy, Forward No Answer to redirect calls to Cisco Unity hunt pilot number.

I tried using the Voice Mail Profile (on the Directory Number Settings) and I even tried specifying the hunt pilot number directly (on the Call Forward and Pickup Settings). But when the call gets redirected, I get the attendant saying that it was not possible to connect to the number I dialed and that I should check the phone book.

I left the Calling Search Spaces to <None> on the Directory Number Configuration of each user's line.

(Note: The MWI On and Off extensions are working well, when we dial directly from the phone.)

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Forgot to say that when we leave a message on the user's voice mail (by calling Cisco Unity hunt pilot number), there is no MWI on the user's phone. (But if we dial the DN for the MWI On directly from the phone, the MWI is displayed)

Hi,

Please check the partition and CSS setting for the voicemail ports.

Also make sure that your phone DN have the permission(partition) to dial the voicemail ports.

Thanks,

Arijit

Hello,

Is this something that was working fine or it never worked.

If it is something that was working fine and your callforward busy and noan are not working then one of the possiblity is that the forwarding table on the callmanager may be corrupt.This would be the last thing that I will consider after troubleshooting everything.If you conclude that it is this issue you need to reboot the callmanager( which ever is the primary server) to fix this.

Some of the other thing that you need to see is forward noanswer timer and number of rings before it forwards to voicemail.

Make sure your calling serach space and partitions are proper.Try to dial the MWI on off number from the phone directly.Try to dial each and every VM ports from the phones.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

On the Calling Search Space of the Voice Mail Profile, I had only the Partition of the Phones. After I added the Partition of the Voice Mail Ports and the Partition of the Voice Mail Hunt Pilot Number, everything started working.

Well, not everything. Now calls are redirected to the voice mail, I leave a message and the MWI turns on. But, even after I read and deleted the message, the MWI does not go off. I have to dial the MWI Off DN directly from the phone to turn of the MWI. Any clues?

Thanks for all your (quick) help!

Hello,

On the unity do a resynch of the MWI .You can set a time in every day where unity will sync the mwi.After you do this once I think you should be good to go.

I hope this helps.You can find the resync under utim tool under properties.

Thanks,

Radhika

Perform a test and open the Port status monitor to check the delay of the -dialing mwi event.

And check errors in event viewer.

Try restarting AVnotfier service and AVmsgstoremonitor under Services in the Unity Server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: