cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Directory, Multi-Tenant Setup

benhanson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CallManager 3.3 with Non-AD ldap. I'm about to add a separate company's phone system to mine, but would like to keep as much separation as possible. Currently I'm separating devices and call plans via partitions and calling search spaces. Is there a way to subdivide the directory space?

8 Replies 8

munatara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using the DC Directory you won't be able to do that.

The 2nd tenant uses AD, and I will be moving to AD in the near future. Is it possible if using AD for directory services?

Th is is a complex answer. First of all, it is definitely possible. I've set it up on our production system. But it wasn't easy and we cannot integrate our CCM Directory with AD, athough we have no reason to want to.

The important thing to remember is that the Corperate Directory just requests a XML page using an ASP call. The default setup builds the XML Directory page dynamically from the DC Directory LDAP server, using a LDAP ASP tool that Cisco provides. This tool is limited in that it will only search on first name, last name, and phone number. In order to get it to work in a Mulit-tenant environment I had to find a more flexible LDAP utility that could be accessed from an ASP page. I found one at www.ldapservices.com, although it wasn't free (free trial, though).

With that utility, I rewrote the ASP pages, creating a seperate page for each tenant, which added a hard-coded search criteria of 'Department' to all LDAP search, thus limiting each tenant to only seeing entries in their 'Department'.

Now, it would be possible to redirect that LDAP search to a seperate AD server in order to get a directory. However, this would only generate a directory from AD, it does not create true AD intergration in terms of device association or CTI permissions. I don't see how you can integrate AD in a multi-tenant system unless you combine all tenants into a single AD structure.

Would it be possible to have a different xmldirectory.asp that the other groups phones would point to? Is it possible to have the default xmldirectory.asp point to the ldap service on the server, but a second xmldirectory.asp that points to an AD server?

Definitely. That is what I was talking about in the last paragraph. However, it involves using a third-party LDAP search tool and re-writing the xmldirectorylist.asp page.

Berbee has an xml app for this that pulls this info from AD. ipt-apps@berbee.com

Berbee has an xml app for this that pulls this info from AD. ipt-apps@berbee.com

Hi

You could run a few instances of my XML directory in where you need AD integration (by setting up a custom directories URL for those phones), and leave the default directory available to whoever you like.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3026015#3026015

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!