Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Express 3.1 implementation help

r.carreras
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm going to install a 1760 with CME 3.1 and the following VIC's : 2 x 2BRI / 1 x 4FXO

My customer does not use DID, they only have a frontend PSTN number for BRI's.

They have 5 x 7960's and 3 x 7912's at office. They want that when an incoming voice call from PSTN some phones ring simultaneously. The first to pick up the phone receives the phone call.

I have configured a DN for every phone. Which is the best way to configure a virtual line at phones to receive PSTN calls ? Do I need to configure a DN for every BRI channel ?

When a internal user is dialing a PSTN number, does the CME choose the first available BRI/FXO line to establish the voice call ?

I'd like to configure it as easy as possible for users.

Thanks a lot.

Ricard.

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

You may find some info on the CME products page at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/index.html

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

The best option for having a PSTN line ring multiple phones would be to use the CME feature "Overlay Ephone-dn's"

The advantage of using this is, if the first call is answered by one of the users in the overlay set, when the second call comes in, it would start ringing on the remaining phones in the set.

Check this link for more info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801f1211.html#wp2174654

If your service provider is giving you one DN per BRI channel, then you would need to configure a ephone overlay set for each DN. That means 4 overlay sets.

If all you need is to answer calls and is not worried about the DN's, then you can talk to the service provider and have them set up a hunt group with these 4 DN's. Hence when the first channel is busy, calls will come in via the second channel and so forth. The advantage is that you would need to setup only one overlay ephone-dn set.

An alternative to this would be to setup translation rules to change the BRI DN's to the ones you assign to the overlay DN.

HTH