Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager + Paging

Hi everyone,

Does CallManager support Paging.. We are looking at replacing the PA systems in some of our schools, what better way to do this by integrating them into CallManager. I have found that CCME support paging.

If CCM doesn't support paging, can anyone recommend a 3rd party application.

Thanks.

-- Dominique

12 Replies 12

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CCM does not natively support paging. You can use an application such as Berbee's InformaCast to page directly to phones. InformaCast also has education specific features like bell scheduling. You can also interface with an external paging system such as Valcom, etc through an analog port.

Berbee

www.berbee.com

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

I somehow didn't see the previous response...

Sorry,

--Joe

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

I have integrated our CCM with a number of different Bogen paging systems by using FXO ports from our gateway. I am sure there are ways to integrate with your existing PA system without having to buy a new solution. I would post what model/vendor your current PA system is.

Take a look at www.ipcelerate.com they have an appliance that besides paging it has a lot of other features, ie intercom, time-card, buddy list, call block, etc. Check out this doc:

http://www.ipcelerate.com/ipcweb.nsf/fdcbe20e7cc0c2b286257066007662a1/b7699e40d8facbf186256fb500115065/$FILE/IPsessionOverview.pdf

Also, if you would like to see more 3rd party vendors providing custom applications check out http://www.hotdispatch.com/cisco-ip-telephony

Rate all helpful posts!

Chris

I have been trying to get our Rauland paging system connected with an FXO in our 2851 router also running CM 3.3(5)SR2a. I don't seem to be getting this right, and suggestions would be appreciated.

I've interfaced to Paging sytems with an FXS card and Bogan. But you have to make sure it is wired correctly to work.

Did you get this to work with your Rauland, I am having the same issue with a Rauland telecenter 4 and cant seem to get the paging to work, I have tried FXO, valcom and I know the valcom is working as I use a analog phone at the end and hear the page, but when connected into the Rauland I get nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

pharden
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Valcom solution installed at 27 of our Warhouse. I use an ATA. I then use a translation patter from the four digit extention number to the digit "8". I put it in a CSS that way no center can page another accidently. I have a V9970 to the FXS/ATA port. A V2003 to allow 3 different zones to be paged and an all-call. I use for our application a V-9964 feed back eleimanator that way we dont hear the squell and noise from sitting under or near a speaker and trying to page.

Hope this helps...

Hi. I am trying to integrate with a Valcom right now and am having problems.

With FXO from a 3845, tried to send different digits, but the port seems to go off hook, then immediately on hook. We also have the feed back eliminator. Does it need an external power supply? Do I need to try the FXS ports? We have a VG224, but no ATAs.

any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Erin

Erin,

What is the route pattern that you're using to route calls to the Valcom?

Brandon

In looking at the dip switches, it looks like it is expecting one digit.

Before I saw that, I tried to send 5 digits (our 5 digit dial plan) then tried to send 2 digits (it was originally configured with code 80 on the NEC PBX)

I adjusted my dial peer to send 1 digit, but can't test it again until after hours. Here is my config:

voice-port 0/2/1

!

dial-peer voice 85280 pots

destination-pattern 85280

port 0/2/1

forward-digits 1

!

sh voic por 0/2/1

Foreign Exchange Office 0/2/1 Slot is 0, Sub-unit is 2, Port is 1

Type of VoicePort is FXO

Operation State is DORMANT

Administrative State is UP

No Interface Down Failure

Description is not set

Noise Regeneration is enabled

Non Linear Processing is enabled

Non Linear Mute is disabled

Non Linear Threshold is -21 dB

Music On Hold Threshold is Set to -38 dBm

In Gain is Set to 0 dB

Out Attenuation is Set to 3 dB

Echo Cancellation is enabled

Echo Cancellation NLP mute is disabled

Echo Cancellation NLP threshold is -21 dB

Echo Cancel Coverage is set to 64 ms

Echo Cancel worst case ERL is set to 6 dB

Playout-delay Mode is set to adaptive

Playout-delay Nominal is set to 60 ms

Playout-delay Maximum is set to 250 ms

Playout-delay Minimum mode is set to default, value 40 ms

Playout-delay Fax is set to 300 ms

Connection Mode is normal

Connection Number is not set

Initial Time Out is set to 10 s

Interdigit Time Out is set to 10 s

Call Disconnect Time Out is set to 60 s

Ringing Time Out is set to 180 s

Wait Release Time Out is set to 30 s

Companding Type is u-law

Region Tone is set for US

Analog Info Follows:

Currently processing none

Maintenance Mode Set to None (not in mtc mode)

Number of signaling protocol errors are 0

Impedance is set to 600r Ohm

Station name None, Station number None

Translation profile (Incoming):

Translation profile (Outgoing):

Voice card specific Info Follows:

Signal Type is loopStart

Battery-Reversal is enabled

Number Of Rings is set to 1

Supervisory Disconnect is signal

Answer Supervision is inactive

Hook Status is On Hook

Ring Detect Status is inactive

Ring Ground Status is inactive

Tip Ground Status is inactive

Dial Out Type is dtmf

Digit Duration Timing is set to 100 ms

InterDigit Duration Timing is set to 100 ms

Pulse Rate Timing is set to 10 pulses/second

InterDigit Pulse Duration Timing is set to 750 ms

Percent Break of Pulse is 60 percent

GuardOut timer is 2000 ms

Minimum ring duration timer is 125 ms

Hookflash-in Timing is set to 600 ms

Hookflash-out Timing is set to 400 ms

Supervisory Disconnect Timing (loopStart only) is set to 350 ms

OPX Ring Wait Timing is set to 6000 ms

------------------------------

I also tried this using a port on the VG224, but it would go off hook, then on hook right away.

With the FXO, it goes off hook, then on hook with busy, and disconnect code 34 = no channel/circuit available.

Thanks

Hi,

When unsure of whats is going on with ports, enable "debug vpm signal" and "term mon".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: