Helpful
Replies

CallManager Query Script

cisco.scc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to query CallManager?

In particular, we are trying to query the hunt group login status of certain phones. We used to be able to do this, when we used CallManager Express, by way of a PHP script which was linked to a webpage displaying which phones were logged in to the hunt group.

We've tried the same script with CallManager and it doesn't seem to work.

(We are using Callmanager version 7.0.2)

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

YM

6 Replies 6

cronier.remy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't know if you can find the logged people information but if you want to discuss with a Callmanager :

You can querry CallManager with AXL Soap requests go here : http://developer.cisco.com/web/axl/home

Moreover you should have a look on the AXL serviceability.

Please Rate

Rémy

Thanks.

Basically, what we're trying to do is periodically query (every 60 seconds, for example) the 'hunt group' status, so we can tell which phones are currently logged into the hunt group.

From what I can gather (please correct me if I'm mistaken), the available options are either Administrative XML (AXL) Programming - in which you are able to make changes to the CM database, or Serviceability XML Programming - which is passive and used to query CM.

I did see "getAttendantConsoleHuntGroup", in the XML Developers Guide, but do you have any advice on how to use this?

Thanks

Hi,

I think (but not sure) the "getAttendantConsoleHuntGroup" is used to view the status of attendant. But it is perrhaps related to the attendant PC application.

Your problem is about a LineGroup and I don't know simple method to do it.

The solution I imagine is to create a IP Phone services which do the same work as the hlog button (via AXL) and keeps a database of ip phone status.

But it is more complicate than just querry the CUCM to get the LineGroup Status ...

rate if it helps,

Rémy

dhook
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

It it is the HLog status of a line group member You need You can read the status from the SQL table "devicehlogdynamic". This table contains a boolan field with the Hlog status along with a field that shows the guid of the phone. See the database dictionary for more information. You can query the database through the AXL interface with the executeSQLQuery method.

I looked at the serviceability Hlog-data about a year ago, and as far as I remember You ca'nt get the info You want from there. The serviceability can provide things like received calls, missed calls etc.

Kind regards,

//Dan

Thanks Dan - and to all who have responded. I believe, though, that CallManager v7.0 runs on a Linux platform and uses an IBM Informix database backend (as opposed to MS SQL). Do you know if there a similar table within the IBM database which can be queried?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, indeed there is but You must query it through AXL with the executeSQLQuery method if You want something automated. If You just want to check out the tables manually You can run "run sql select * from devicehlogdynamic" in the CUCM CLI. The database dictionary describes the tables. You can download the dictionary from http://developer.cisco.com/web/axl/docs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: