cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager User Data Migration 3.3.3 -> 4.1.3

roland.bellwald
Level 1
Level 1

We tried a CallManager Upgrade from version 3.3(3)sr3 to version 4.1(3) this weekend and failed. To not set up the customer any further with additional tries, we would like to go the save way by setting up the CallManagers in parallel with different IP Adresses and names, test the whole environment and move the user data to the new servers.

Does anyone know how the userdata (services, speeddials, addressbooks!, passwords and PINs) can best be migrated to the new environment?

Cheers

Roland

3 Replies 3

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can i ask how it failed.The prefered upgrade is that apparently the upgrade path is 3.3(3)SR2 to 3.3(5) then 4.1(3).Did you follow this?

As for migrating the best solution is to run the mcsbackup and then restore.If you use MLA you will manually need to backup and restore this using the MLA backup option (a command line util)

Regards

Mark

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can i ask how it failed.The prefered upgrade is that apparently the upgrade path is 3.3(3)SR2 to 3.3(5) then 4.1(3).Did you follow this?

As for migrating the best solution is to run the mcsbackup and then restore.If you use MLA you will manually need to backup and restore this using the MLA backup option (a command line util)

Regards

Mark

droberts
Level 1
Level 1

You might be outta luck. I tried using BARS but no dice unless it's the same everything (hostname/IP, CCM version). The upgrade process is what upgrades the db schema so you'll have to have a 3.3(3) with your old data go through the upgrade process.

You can create brand new 3.3(3) servers (same ip, hostname) and restore BARS, upgrade to 4.1(3), then put back into production once you've verified they are running. I know it's painful but that's all I can see.