cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls get disconnected when on hold or during transfer

pambosch
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Call Manager 3.1(3a) with an H323 IOS gateway (2610 router with NM-HDV-E1 voice PRI card). We have a pilot number which is answered by an attendant. The attendant complains sometimes that when she tries to transfer a call or when a call is on hold, the line disconnects. This happens with incoming calls from the PSTN. I suspect that the problem is on the H323 gateway because before we had an old Skinny DE30+ PRI card which worked great with no problems like that.

Any hints on this??

Thank you very much

3 Replies 3

oksiazek
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

I have had this problem also with an AS5300 . I think that your problem is a codec problem in the dial-peer voice voip .

You don't use the correct codec !!!

Where are come from ??? and wich codec are you using ????

Thanks

Olivier

Thanks for the help. I'm using G711ulaw on the VOIP dial-peer. I will use a voice class codec and put also g729r8 to see what happens.

Thanks a lot.

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

If you do beleive it is a codec problem do a voice class codec and add g.711 and g.729r8. That should rule out any codec issues. Also make sure if you have a cluster that your dial-peers session targets match up with the callmanager group you have configure for the device pool of the gateway.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: