cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not install Unity 2.4.6

cheky
Level 1
Level 1

I use Unity 2.4.6. I installed Windows NT 4.0 sp 6a,IE 5.5 and can not install unity, the prompt shows that the windows version is low. I installed Windows as a PDC in its domain.

When I use windows 2000 server, installed exchange 2000, the install is stopped. Can anyone help me?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exchange 2000? Unity 2.4.6 does not support 2000... only 5.5...

Can Unity 2.4.6 with exchange 5.5 Join a exchange 2000 site?

technically the 2K box would be joining the 5.5 site but that's neither here nor there...

2.4.6 will not be able to get at mailboxes homed on Exchange 2000 server at all (the MAPI login stuff is just different enough to cause problems). AD replication can only be one way (from Unity's 55 out to AD... not back) or you'll trash your data.

Short story - not really and it's not a good idea to try it.

I'd strongly reccomend getting up to 3.1 and going mixed mode if that's what you want to do - shoe-horning 2.x into this environement is just asking for trouble.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

For the first issue where it told you the Windows version was too low, make sure you are logged on to the computer as a domain account, I believe I have seen a similiar error when attempting to install Exchange 5.5 on an NT box when I was mistakenly logged on to the local computer and not logged on as a domain account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: