cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access server when trying to login into AC

dori.griffith
Level 1
Level 1

We tried to login to the AC this morning and got a dialog box stating that we “cannot access the server”. A few weeks ago we upgraded to 4.0 and had to install the current version of AC (which we downloaded from the CM plugin. Everything seemed to work fine.

We noticed that TCD services had shut down as well as the messaging service so we restarted them and were able to login to AC but we can’t take any calls. All calls go directly to voice mail.

I couldn’t find any errors specific to TCD shutting down so I’m not sure what to do now. Ideas?

4 Replies 4

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

We had a very bad experience once where somehow, our AC user lost every single device association that it had. Everyone who possibly could have done this swears they were nowhere near the thing, we still have no idea what happened, but when we associated all the devices again, things were fine, no problems since...

Mary Beth

cmcinally
Level 1
Level 1

I have just had the same problem after an installation for a customer. New AC works fine on new subscriber but we tested failing the subscriber and AC failed. The calls were not being sent to the hunt group. I found the TCD service and messaging service shutdown itself and have attempted to restart it but to no avail. Please let me know if you made any progress

Hi,

The Cisco Messaging Interface service is only used for legacy voicemail integration. If you don't have a leagacy voicemail connection via the serial interface on the CCM it is recommended to disable this service as it is known to cause problems with Unity intgrations.

The TCD service is used for AC. If that service is shutting down I recommend enabling Detaled TCD traces on all CallManagers and once the server shuts down opening a TAC case to review the logs.

Kevin

Hi

Kevin is correct ,You dont need the Cisco Messaging Interface service for Ac ,all u need is the Tcd and Cti manager ,Regarding the service shutting down unexpectdely,The callmanager event log and Tcd traces are the best thing to look at ,More over problems like Unable to connect to server can also be troubleshooted by looking acclient.log txt file on the client Pc on which AC runns.Contact TAC if u need more help.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: