Views
Helpful
Replies

can't add translation-rule

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to add a tranlation-rule on the Voicegateway c2621 running 12.2.13T4. I like to add the following rule: Rule 0 34[4-9] 4. But the gateway doesn't recognize this command. Is there another syntax in this version or is it a bug?

regards

Peter

3 Replies 3

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did the router show the caret '^' pointing to a spot in the command where it did not like it or was the command just rejected? If the '^' is present, then it is a syntax error, if not it's possible that you are low enough on memory to where it will not add any additional commands. Try the rule on a spare router and see if it works.

rlyons
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Peter,

I could not get my lab router (12.2.(6)) to take the square brackets. What are you translating 344 through 349 to 4? I so just use 6 individual translate rules. I know it is not very elegant but it appears to work when tested with the "test translate-rule" command.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply. After searching on CCO I found, that this is a bug. So I will configure as you told me. Regards Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: