cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't forward to 800 number

jscofield
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to forward an extension to an 800 service after hours. The phone can successfully forward to a local or long distance number, just not an 800 number. However, you can call the 800 number direct from the phone, you just can't forward to it.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Jim

8 Replies 8

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

1.- Go to the CallManager Administration web page. Then Device ---> Gateway.

2.- Select the gateway that you are using.

3.- Now select the PRI that the call is using.

4.- Under "PRI Protocol Type Specific Information" please change the following settings:

Make sure that the box of "Display IE Delivery" is UNCHECKED and that the box of

"Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound" is CHECKED.

Wow, this is pretty much backwards from what Cisco recommened (but didn't work). Thanks for the info. I'll try after hours when I can restart the gateway.

jbarcena, can you explain what's actually happening and why these steps should resolve the problem? I curious about why the phone can call the 800 number but cannot forward a call to it.

Thanks,

John

when you forward a call a redirect number is created but if you are not sending that information in the call sometimes causes that problem. I've seen it a lot using AC and I think that is worth trying it on this case.

Update...

I made this change. It still does not work with a Call Forward All, but I can get a translation pattern to work. So, a temporary work around is to use the translation pattern on one gateway and forward the call from out one gateway to a local number on a separate gateway, which in turn is forwarded with the translation pattern. Very messy but, it works.

Still seeking a better way to just do the Call forward all to the 800 number. TAC case has been pretty much useless. Just reqeusted transfer to a different engineer, so hopefully that will help.

Eric Krieger
Level 1
Level 1

Jim,

Have you checked the CSS set on the CallFwdALL (it won't be concatenated with the device-CSS as the line-CSS does?

Eric

Eric,

Yes, I actually tried multiple things. I've tried leaving it blank, setting it the same as CSS and even creating a new one. I think this is gateway related. I have one gateway that has analog ports instead of a PRI and I can send the calls out that one, just not any gateway with a PRI, even if it is a different gateway then the one the call was received on.

Jim

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

Just a guess here, but this is my take on this. The Telco will need to see the Calling Number ID for Billing purposes, so if this is being stripped off the call will be rejected.You will need to be able to send the Originating Number and not the Redirecting Number for this to work properly.

The other thing you could do is find out the actual terminating DN for the 800 number and forward directly to it.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: