cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot assign Author role to Show and Share user

Ryan Nilsson
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a user in DMS-Admin and assigned them to the Administrators role.

In Show and Share I can assign all roles (Admin, ChannelCreator, LiveEventUser, Publisher, ReportAdmin) except for the Author role to this user.

On the 'Edit User Role' dialog, the Author role is grayed out. I cannot work out why this is the case or where to go to fix it.

I have a feeling I'm missing something straight forward but...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sdhanral
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan,

Can you confirm what license do you have for the "Show and Share Content Author Pack" ? You can locate this value under you DMM -->Administartion--> Licenses. The # of authors you can have in SNS is bound by a license.

For eg : If you have a license for "Show and Share Content Author Pack:10" and try to assign an "Author" role to the 11th user this will fail.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sdhanral
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan,

Can you confirm what license do you have for the "Show and Share Content Author Pack" ? You can locate this value under you DMM -->Administartion--> Licenses. The # of authors you can have in SNS is bound by a license.

For eg : If you have a license for "Show and Share Content Author Pack:10" and try to assign an "Author" role to the 11th user this will fail.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Thanks for the response Sagar.

It does indeed appear to be a licensing limitation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: