cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot make an internal call - Cisco Jabber for Android

Zygmuntix
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to make a call to another internal number from Cisco Jabber for Android (to another Cisco Jabber from Android) and I am not able to do it ;/

I can dial out to extension like for example 6001, 6002, 6013 (UCCX extensions). I am using UCCX Sandbox.

What can I be doing wrong? I am able to see the agent "John Meyers" (End user) in the list of Contacts and I can even send the message by chat to this user, but I cannot dial this number. I tried to dial 7002 (I made 7001 and 7002 IPCC extensions and assigned them to the end users Agent 003, Agent 004) without any effect Please help.

1 Reply 1

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Zygmuntix,

I'm not a Jabber expert but here are some suggestions I've seen regarding this issue:

If you use an ASA, add this: same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

- Create NAT exemptions in the firewall between the different VPN networks

- Have a person on each Jabber phone and on one of the devices check the MTP required box, save and restart the device. RTP from both devices should be pinned up on an internal resource so shouldn't get blocked...hopefully. if there's 2way audio after using the MTP, call your firewall/VPN gateway admin as the MTP is not a permanent fix.

Here is another discussion on the Cisco Community with the same issue:

Cisco Jabber cannot make internal call: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/cisco-jabber-cannot-make-internal-call/td-p/2532943

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: