cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot view subscriber

sdeal
Level 1
Level 1

I was adding a new user from Exchange but got an error that it could not add the user someone already had that ext. But, look at my list and the user is there with no ext. When click on the subscriber you cannot pull the page up to view the profile.<br>Any Ideas ? Thanks<br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Sounds like the user got "half created" without a primary call handler so you're system is in an odd state. The SA create code should be smarter than leaving the system in that state if a problem was encountered.

What version of Unity?

Try running dbWalker first to see if it reports cross linked handlers and the like, then we can see what to do. Before just waxing the subscriber out of the SQL database it'd be a good idea to see if anything else is attached to that guy that shouldn't be (i.e. if the primary handler for a template is assigned to him, it'll get deleted when you remove him which might be bad).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Display Name=Example Subscriber - UNITY01

(error) Primary Call Handler is not valid!

This subscriber may be 'stranded' by an improper uninstall of a previous Unity system or

it may be 'sharing' a primary call handler with one or more other subscribers.

If you select the 'Remove subscriber properties on mail users that have no primary call handlers' option and run again this user can be reimported to Unity.

COS Alias=defaultsubscriber

Location Object Alias=default

I ran the dbwalker and here is the error I got.

Sorry forgot the version 3.1(2)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: