cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm 3.3 or wait for 3.4

vmalhi
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CCM 3.2.3- I want to upgrade to CCM 3.3 but I don't want to waste time & effort if this will be superceded by CCM3.4 in the short term.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Any suggestions....

5 Replies 5

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

Upgrading to 3.3 or 4.0 is a time consuming project. But if you do goto 3.3, upgrading to 4.0 is alot easier than the upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3. It is just like the upgrades you have done in the past.

That said, 4.0 will be coming out fairly soon, and if you dont mind moving to bleeding edge code, then your logic makes sense.

Do you the cost of upgrading to CCM 4.0? If you're running 3.3 do I need to pay again for 4.0?

HI,

If you have paid your anual software subscription you will receive the new release/releases obviously their is a cost involved in the contract.

If do dont have the license aggreemnet with Cisco because you didnt want the option. you will be slugged the full rate for cm V4 like everyone else

sasu agreement or something simillar they call it.

Allan

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

As far as i know, there's no current plan to release a CCM 3.4 (could be proven wrong though).

CCM 4 should be released at the end of Dec/beginning Jan.

The way CM releases come out you could wait all your life.

Go to 3.3.3 its been around quite some time now and is stable I believe.

If you see a feature you like or require with V4 and you want to wait then yeah wait.

I will say Cisco main line releases have been stabilised with each release from 3.0

Though theirs nothing like stress testing new software releases in several live enviroments.

theirs no substitue.

When cm 4 is released i would wait a little before introducing it to a new VoIP client.

Allan