cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.0(1) Hunt Groups Functionality

walshda
Level 1
Level 1

With the routing enhancements in CCM 4.0(1) can you make hunt groups comprised of internal extensions and use circular (or any of the 4) distribution algorithms?

Essentially what I want is for our only operator to be able to forward the "no one knows who should get this call, so its going to be one of you 6 all the time" group. Currently she just uses a tally as to who gets the next random call. I know that with additional customer contact software I could accomplish this, but that is not something we have funding for.

4 Replies 4

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

The tool you use for this under 4.0 is the same tool you use on CallManager 3.3 and 3.2: the Attendant Console TCD service. It's not necessary that the agents be set up to run the actual Attendant Console software; you just include them as fixed extensions instead of users.

There is no capability in this to get the call back if the user doesn't answer. Any call transferred to them will ring indefinitely or go to the configured CFNA destination (like voicemail). It's possible 4.0(1) has a capability to address this, but I haven't seen it in the release notes and I don't have my hands on the software yet.

I based my question on the released 4.0(1) info from Cisco. here is a link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00801e87a5.html#1717365

I already use the attendant console, but she can only transfer a call to a person. Now I could always make a hunt group, but the first available person would always get the calls, so the people at the top of the list would get most of the calls. The operator is transferring calls to paralegals, not another operator.

From my understanding of the linked info, I can create a group of some sort (not clear what type) and then use say circular or longest idle time as a distribution algorithm. What the former would provide is "1 call for person 1, 1 call for person 2, 1 call for person 3, and so on until the group of persons is done and then it starts over again. The longest idle time would give me the employee who hasn't been on the phone for the longest time.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

The problem your going to have getting info on CM4.0 is that the only info partners have at present is under NDA.

Cisco don't want anybody to say what's in CM4.0 until it's released just in case they have to pull any features at the last minute.

However having said that there have been some very strong hints dropped that one of the features that might be in CM4.0 is much improved hunt groups, that work properly, and are configured in a similar way to route groups/lists/patterns.

Now like I say this is only a rumour and the feature is only a might be in and I can neither confirm nor deny these rumours but......

Paul

Actually, it's been released. Regular customers could have it in-hand as soon as the end of this month.

It's under new product hold (as opposed to controlled release), which means any Joe off the street can order it, but your SE or AM has to help you get the order released so that Cisco can make sure your expectations are correctly set. There's a lot of new technology, and there will be some compatibility issues and the way you do some things will change, and hasn't gotten a lot of (public) testing yet.

Release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00801e87a5.html

All other documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/ps5453/index.html