Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.0 and above getting "Authorization Required"

Chris Bomba
Level 4
Level 4

CCM 4.0(1)sr2a

When I try to check out the directory or click on the services button it prompts me for a :

Username

Password

Realm

I have no idea how to get passed this. I put in a username and password but what do I put in for realm. And how can I make this so that you don't need to authenticate when you want to see the directory or services

13 Replies 13

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you changed any system passwords? Can you log into the CCMUser page? What version of CCM? Are you AD integrated for LDAP?

Mike

None of the system passwords change, and I haven't tried logging into the user page. I am running CCM 4.1(2) and it is not integrated into AD. So it is DC.

Did you run any of the optional security scripts under c:\uitls\SecurityTemplates?

Under Enterprise Parameters are the following URLs correct?

URL Authentication=http://ccm_ip_add/CCMCIP/authenticate.asp

URL Directories=http://ccm_ip_addr/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

Is there anything between the phones and CCM server that would be redirecting these http requests?

When I try to view the ccmuser page it says I am not authorized to view this page and when I am trying to view CDR Login page it says the same thing. I checked the enterprise settings and they are correct.

In IIS you can set up ACLs to limit access to virtual directories. This can mess things up like this. Did you or anyone 'harden' this server?

I don't think so, but I am not sure. How would I know if the server were hardened. I was looking at the pages in the IIS admin and I couldn't see anything. But I am not sure what to look for?

Did you get any assistance with your problem? I am having the same problem.Is there anything special I need to do?

I upgraded to 4.1(3) and it fixed everything. But for people that can't upgrade yet I am not sure of a fix yet. Please let me know if you find anything as well.

In the past had you tried to retart IIS or reboot the server? The reason I ask is that it may not be 4.1.3 that fixed the problem, may have been the reboot after the upgrade.

Mike

Yes I have rebooted the server many times before the upgrade

Found that there was a setting that needed to be changed on the Publisher.

Start-->programs--> admininstrator tools-->IIS Manager

Then opened CallManager_1 --> Default Web Site --> CCMCIP then properties ---- Choose Directory Security tab and then choose Anonymous Access and Authentication control and hit Edit. Anonymous Access neede to be checked

I had the same problem, but mine was due to something TAC had me do in regards to an issue I had, here is what TAC had me do:

On Call manager server ->Inetnet Service Manager Go to ->Default Web

Site->Properties->Directory Security.

Anonymous Access->Edit-> ->Uncheck 'Allow IIS to control password'. Click OK Anonymous Access->Edit->Check 'Allow IIS to control password'. Click OK

This has caused ALL sorts of problems, one being when I hit the directory button it asked for authorization required. I used the fix you listed above and that corrected the directories button. My problem now is when I select the services button and go to My Address Book all users get the "Authorization Required" prompt.

Not sure how to resolve this one, anyone have any ideas?

Not applicable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: