Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1.2- Extension mobility w/ same number Login/out

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I would like to implement extension mobility so that user could have the same extension when is logged in or logged out.

i want extension mobility to block calls to PSTN when user is logged out.

My problem is that i defined two partions one for extension login other for logout.(because i want same number).

But when i call to ip phone when user is logged out i can't make that call.

I saw a post in the forum but i didn't uderstand very well, could someone give some tips.

If its not possible to have same number there is any solution to redirect extension number of login user when user is logged out?

Regards,

MC

3 Replies 3

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

MC,

I think you've got the wrong idea about partitions. You need to use different Calling Search Spaces on the lines, to apply different COR for the phone and the profile use, but keep the extension numbers in the same partition.

That way when calls come in they can get to the extension wether logged in or out, but when the phone is logged out it has one cor, but when logged in it has another.

Paul

Paul,

But i want same directory number in phone and in user profile and in that situatian i couldn't setup diferent CCS if DN are in same partion.

MC

MC,

your correct in not being able to have different CSS on the same DN in the same partition, and I may have not made myself clear in what I was trying to explain (I read it again and even I got confused!)

As you say, have the same DN exist in both the Logged-in dns partition and the logged-out DNs partition, but as I said have a different CSS on each DN, that way the COR is different dependant on the active DN on the phone.

Paul