Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3)SR3 pulled from CCO?

The CallManager upgrade to 4.1(3)SR3 has been pulled from CCO. There doesn't appear to be any notes as to why, anyone know the reason?

Andy

14 Replies 14

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

ya, how come pulled from CCO? i want to ask also this questions . As we know it meant to solve the

CSCsc37302 Locations Bandwidth Leak

CSCsb46742 Bandwidth leakage allocation in CCM

CSCsb08295 cdcc leak, locations bandwidth not released

The version you are running 4.1(3) doesn't contain the fix for these.

Anyone know? When's it RELEASED?

It's very strange that they pulled it without saying why they pulled it. I'm sure lots of people downloaded it and are using it. They would probably like to know why the release they're running was taken down from CCO so quickly. It must have been because someone found something very wrong with it. The lack of any notes on CCO about this is odd.

Expect SR3a next week.

Can you provide the specific bugs that resulted in it being pulled? I have sr3 running on a lab system and am curious.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

There was a build issue discovered with 4.1(3)sr3 and as a result has been removed from CCO. The BU is currently working on a replacement 4.1(3)sr3a. This build for the replacement SR could be ready over the weekend and will be posted as soon as it is available.

Jorge,

Could this build issue have been related to "Voice Mail Port Wizard" not working? We are installing a new server using 4.1(3)SR3, and have attempted to insall the voiecemail ports using the wizard several times now, and everytime, the browers says "validating..." at the corner of the window, and it just sits there forever, and the window becomes useless eventually. A reboot of the server didn't make any difference.

Anybody else has seen this symptom?

Thanks,

Joseph

Thanks for the input Joseph,

working with Jorge we have just replicate it in our lab.

Will let u know, looks like a new DDTS ,will do research about it.

//g

Restart IIS.

Once u r in the CCMAdmin webpage in status validating...

Leave it there for a minute then hit back...

You will be in the Line group Option now.

This is a WA only

Will let u know

Thanks for looking into it. In light of what's going on with SR3, I have downgraded our servers to SR2. The VM port wizard worked without any problems. Will look for (a more stable) SR3a :-)

Thanks,

Joseph

Lesson of the day.

Wait for a few days before applying patches (as soon as they come out). Unless its a heavy requirement to fix some bugs that affect your day to day operation.

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

SR3a is now posted.

Curiously it only has one bug fix (DMS100 related) over the previous SR3.

Maybe is was considered serious enough to pull the previous SR.

Hi Joseph,

Tested VM port wizard with SR3a still the same problem with as expected...

Jess,

gogasca and I have just opened DDTS CSCsd59949 for this issue, you can track it down with the bug tool:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/home.pl

Thanks for the feedback...

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

That is correct, SR3a was only to fix CSCsd54037: Notification Indicator Mandatory IE Missing in DMS NOTFIY message.

It was posted yesterday before midnight and you can find it at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/callmgr-41

gogasca and I will continue testing the problem with the VM Port wizard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: