cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.2

m
Level 1
Level 1

Is anybody here using CCM4.2? Is it stable?

I plan to upgrade our callmanger from 4.1 to 4.2 but I am a little bit worried abou the stablility.

Many thanks

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

One SR has been released for 4.2, so at least that should fix some of the existing issues that are there with 4.2. I would stick to 4.1 and be at SR3b release, if you plan a future migration to 5.0

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

jdiegmueller
Level 5
Level 5

We have 3 customers (and our inhouse system) on 4.2(1)sr1/sr1a at this point, and have had no CallManager-specific issues. While worrying about issues is probably a healthy concern to have, our experience is that 4.2(1)sr1a is stable for production.

2 of the 3 customers are running it along with IPCC Express 4.0(4), in case that's a concern for you as well.

-jd

m
Level 1
Level 1

I can only share my experiences, and those have been that CallManager 4.2(1)sr1[a] has been stable for my customers. I can't speak to the experiences of this "only been on the job one month" customer in this new deployment, but it sounds as if perhaps s/he has larger issues (WAN calls dropping, hearing every other word) than simply the CallManager version.

If CallManager 4.1(3)sr3b has the features you need, then by all means stick with it. If you require some of the CCM 4.2 features (Hold Reversion has been an exciting feature released with near-zero fanfare in sr1) then you'll have to evaluate if you want to move now or wait for a later release/service release.

I'm not here to tell you to upgrade or not upgrade, only to share the experiences I've had in-house and with my customers.

-jd