cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM AC "Advanced Directory Search"

tjjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

I am working on a large deployment and I am trying to get my operators setup with AC and I am up against a wall and could use some direction.

CCM = 4.1.3 sr3a (not AD integrated)

Every night a LDAP query hits their "global directory" db (created from several AD's) and pulls first,last,dept,ext and puts it in one file on network share for AC to pull from when launched.

All AC's point to this file for their corporatedirectory.txt and it works perfectly(fired employee's disappear, new AD users appear every night.)

Now they need all the "advanced directory" feilds populated so they can search by partial name by building or department, etc.

How can I get this info into AC? I have tried all different formats for my flat file but it acts like those fields are dead, and those aren't even visable options in DCD from CCMadmin.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

The Advance Directory Search pulls his information from the file AutoGenerated.txt that is in this path in the CCM server: C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\UserLists

Yes, I have that file here. First,last,directory number, and department. These are only the basic fields and they are already working properly.

I am looking for things like building number and email address, or manager name. In AC, look at the advanced search and you will see what they are asking for.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I were you, and the deployment is that large, don't let CCM manage the directory, get the Citrix Application Gateway. The Express Directory is really powerful and 10x faster than CCM. It is an appliance and does cost a couple bucks.. but its worth its price in gold when figure in the admin time and maint to keep the other directory updated. You can actually link up multiple LDAP directories into screen on the IP phone or if you have a web person, port it a web search page... I just installed at my client and it's been a life saver for this deployment

The phones will be hitting Berbee Corporate Directory so that isn't even an issue, but the operators need advanced search functions.

Their LDAP is already done, I can search it for all the fields I need but now I just have to figure out WHERE to put all this information so it appears in Attendant Console's Advanced Search fields.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: