cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Intercluster Message Waiting

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I have two CCM clusters 3.3(2) and 4.0(2). The two CCM clusters are connected using two 6608 T1 ports with a QSIG trunk. The 3.3 cluster has Unity VM and the 4.0 cluster is programmed with the VM pilot point to go to the 3.3 cluster. The VM MWI is not working for the 4.0 cluster. I tried with the h.323 intercluster trunk and has the same problem with the MWI. Few documents I found it says MWI is supported using QSIG but not with h323 intercluster trunk.

Please let me know if anybody has similar or better experience with it.

7 Replies 7

Bill Talley
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have IP connectivity between the two clusters and Unity or just the TDM connection via the 6608? If so, create a new "cluster" integration on Unity for the second cluster.

I am looking at a similar problem. Is there a way to add this type of second integration without dedicating vm ports to each cluster?

If add another cluster in the Unity, I need to dedicate some ports to it. I have IP connectivity to CCM 3.3 cluster and I have Unity 3.1(5).

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The way MWI works is that Unity makes a call to CCM on behalf of the phone, and then dials the MWI-on/off extensions. If you get a chance to look at the CCM logs, it'll appear as if the phone went off hook, and dialed the MWI-codes itself.

So, if Unity cannot "spoof" the phone such as the dual-ccm-cluster scenario, MWIs will not work for the second cluster.

Unfortunately you are going to have to play nice and share the Unity ports between the two clusters.

H. M.

Normally I would accept this as a final answer but... I have set up at one time a dual integration with 3.1 AND 3.2X. The Unity system started as a 3.1x version dedicated to the 3.2 CallManager. I created an intercluster trunk between the 2 versions of CallManager and added a route pattern to use the trunk for voicemail access. At that time the MWIs worked. Today they don't work of course. We are now running CallManager 3.1 and 3.3(4) with Unity 4.0(4). Voicemail access still works but the MWIs no longer work. Again this was without dedicated ports per cluster.

I don't know if this will work, but you can try setting the call manager service parameter MultiTenatMWImode to true. This is meant for translation patterns per documentation.

I have had this option on for the 3.3(4) cluster. I don't believe this is available in 3.1.