cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm-manager redundant-host clarification

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

I am trying to determine how the ccm-manager redundant-host address for the backup call manager actually gets in the config. Is it something that you always have to add yourself, or should it get downloaded with other parts of the gateway config, from the call manager, based on the call manager group config assigned to the router device pool? I appreciate any light anyone can shed on this, I have not been able to find a clear statement on this.

2 Replies 2

dgiddings
Level 1
Level 1

The ccm-manager redundant-host command is one of the config commands that you will enter into the config of the gateway.You can configure up to two backup CallManager servers. The gateway selects the CallManager based on the order of its appearance in the list. The CallManager server that was defined with the mgcp call-agent command has the highest priority.

This CCO doc explains MGCP gateway setup:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017787b.shtml

Thanks. I had seen that doc, but it was a little old, and then I saw some comments, one out here on the forum, that implied that the information came from the call manager group config for the device pool the gateway was in, which made some kind of sense at first - but, you can have multiple gateways defined in a router, so I guess it really wouldn't work that way. Thanks for clarifying things.