Helpful
Replies

CCM monitoring voip quality remotely

rshoker99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a multiple site deployment of VOIP

most of office 30 to 50 people in each office. Can you recommend a monitoring solution. I have looked at Qvoi Brix, NimBus.(very expensive) We have a limited budget like everyone. I need a software solution. We use What's Up Pro for monitoring our network currently. Is usig the Cisco CCM Mib useful? If so which ones? I am new to this position at having to look after CCM and we will be deploying VOIP soltion 2 to 3 more locations this year to a total of 8 sites.

Thanks.

Raj

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Raj,

On the budget side.. have a look at this one:

http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/vqmanager/index.html

They do some other cool stuff too. You can get a demo also.

Bear in mind if you are trying to monitor the actual VOIP quality then most solutions may need some sort of probe. As your CCM in most cases will not be terminating the audio streams, and therefore cant measure the quality.

Cheers,

Tim.

We just looked into TELREX today it is a great system, you install it on pretty much any windows server or workstation at the main site, install a branch office at the remote site and sync the to everynight, its only about 250 per seat, so complared to Ciscos solution, IP Celerate, Cestara, and DSS it is much better and cheaper the size of the files are very small and 1 gig of files is something like 60 hours of recording time, Check it out a www.telrex.com, you can contact Gary Petley at www.iscinc.net 307-262-6494 and tell them I sent you and he can get you a good price for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: