Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
TalonKarrde
Beginner

CCM services stopping with loss of phone functionality

Hi all,

for a long time we have had a particular CCM (ver. 3.2.2c SPF) which has operated with a minimum of fuss.. its a stand alone call manager running about 10 - 20 phones. This server also has ICD services running on it.

Within the past few days the server has had a number of issues which have essentially interrupted call services until the machine has been rebooted.

Some particular errors from the event log at the approximate time of the drop outs have been posted below:

7031: Service Control Manager

The Cisco CallManager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

This event was surrounded by a large number of:

10010: DCOM

The server {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Other events occurring earlier in the timeframe of the servers crash included a 7031 as above for the WorldWideWeb publishing service, IIS Admin service (both of which appeared to have restarted by themselves using the internal windows mechanisim) as well as the RPC Server service.

I set the RPC server service to restart itself when it stops as it seemed to default to doing nothing when it failed.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what might have caused these problems without any modifications being performed on the server for some time, I would appreciate your comments.

If there is any other info I can provide to help your understanding of this situation please let me know.

Regards,

Luke

2 REPLIES 2
icabrera
Enthusiast

I had a similar issue. The doc tells you what to look for to verify the problem, but doesn't tell you how to resolve it.

Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021