cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME 11.7 can't call unregistred DN

jeckert
Level 1
Level 1

I am converting a customer from an old ccme 7.1 on a 28xx to CCME 11.7/12 on ISR4331.  I have found that I can't call DNs that are not registered even if they are forwarded to a valid destination(voicemail or another DN that is registered), in fact I can't even dial them.   This is keeping direct transfer to users voicemail from working.  Everything is SCCP.  Has anyone see this before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Opened a TAC case, at first the engineer didn't think it was something that should work.  After some emails back forth he found in the documention that it should work, sent me the link, and recommeded I use call forward busy.  Of  course, I was already doing that and it not working is what opened the case about. Once he unstood that it was what I was already doing. He offered the soluiton of using a preference 2 loopback dn.  Not perfect but it does work, and I don't have time to pursue it more.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some previous posts have showed the same symptom and it seems that is WAD, the DN has to be registered, whereas before you could use it without registration

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If that is the case this will be a bit of issue with the customer wireless phones as they are not always on.

I checked some other installs out I have that work fine the newest was on 8.6, quite a ways from 11.7.

It does appear I could make all the lines shared with a like sip line and use "call-forward b2bua unregistered" but that is not very conveinant.  I plan on opening a tac and seeing what they say.

Opened a TAC case, at first the engineer didn't think it was something that should work.  After some emails back forth he found in the documention that it should work, sent me the link, and recommeded I use call forward busy.  Of  course, I was already doing that and it not working is what opened the case about. Once he unstood that it was what I was already doing. He offered the soluiton of using a preference 2 loopback dn.  Not perfect but it does work, and I don't have time to pursue it more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: