cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme and h.323 voip trunks

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

Is there any design problem with running a few voip h.323 trunks from ccme to an h.323 gateway? The gateway would be a 1760 with some fxo ports to the pstn.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I shouldn't thinks so - just a matter of properly configuring your dial-peers etc...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Inbound/outbound calls work great, however, when I've got a call terminated and the voice path is pstn->1760gateway->2610ccme->ipphone when I transfer call to voicemail, it rings busy. If a call comes in on the second gateway and rolls to vm, it rings busy. Any sip dialpeer stuff that I should have?

Hi

This could be because VM requires G711, whereas G729 is default codec for voip dial-peers...

Try changing the dial-peers to :

codec g711ulaw

If this works, you have a couple of options:

1) If you have DSPs on your CME router spare, and have CME 3.2, I believe you can transcode for CUE sessions..

2) Set up a voice class codec with preference listed codecs, then apply it to your dial-peers:

Router#conf term

Router(config)#voice class codec 99

Router(config-class)#codec preference 1 g711ulaw

Router(config-class)#codec preference 2 g729br8

Router(config-class)#codec preference 3 g729r8

Router(config-class)#end

Router(config)#dial-peer voice 2000 voip

Router(config-dial-peer)#voice-class codec

Hope this helps...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: