Replies

CCME dial pla.

johnleeee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have question about dial plan on router

with CCME and BRIs instaled on the same

router. Is it possible to use 4 BRIs on router with CCME and configure dial plan to route outbound and inbound calls through these 4 BRIs? If yes could someone give me advice how to implement this.?

BR

jl

5 Replies 5

Hi,

thanks for help and url about configuring

BRIs. Could you help me how should I connect

this config to CCME?

BR

jl

Hi John

As in the document the other poster referenced...

Basically CME is just a H323 router with some extra bits to run SCCP to the handsets.... So once your handsets are registered and you can call internally, you need to set up voice ports and dial-peers to reach the outside.

At it's simplest, you would first configure your physical BRI ports (do this for each of your 4) -

interface BRI2/0

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

This example is from a router in the UK, make sure you have the right switch type for your provider.

Then do the voice-port:

voice-port 2/0/17

compand-type a-law

In this example I need the compand-type command as the default is u-law on the router, but in the UK we use a-law... On other modules the BRI2/0 would correspond to the voice-port2/0 but the EVM modules are different - if you can't work it out check the docs for your hardware.

Finally you need a dial-peer to send calls to the interface you specify - so if you want to send all calls starting with 9 to the BRI interface above:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 2/0/17

preference 1

You would need 4 of these dial-peers, with preference ascending on each, and the port pointing to each of your 4 BRIs... so the next dial-peer would be:

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 2/0/18

preference 2

How you route calls inbound will depend on what you've ordered from your provider...

Hope this gets you started...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

your advice is really helpful. Thanks.

As I understand from this configuration

every user who calls outside and calls

number begining with 9 and any length

will be routed through first BRI and if it

is busy second BRI and third and fourth BRI.

And when every BRI is busy user will hear occupy tone. Am I right?

Number 9 has to press user first to reach outside as

I understand.

BR

jl

Hi John

Yes, that's it... you might also want to enter this:

telephony-service

timeouts interdigit 5

So that the timeout is quicker (by default it will wait 10 seconds before dialling).

Regards

Aaron

p.s. don't forget to rate helpful posts :-)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!