Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Direct Transfer to Unity

CCME 3.3

Unity 4.0(5)

From a CCME 3.3 phone I want to directly transfer to a Unity subscriber's extension. In standard Callmanager, I am able to do this with a voicemail profile of *xxxx, and a CTI route point of *xxxx that forwards all to voicemail, so if you press TRANSFER *xxxx (with xxxx being the party's extension) then TRANSFER it immediately plays the subscriber's greeting. I need a way to do this in CCME.

5 Replies 5

jbouwkamp
Level 3
Level 3

Use the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00802ab979.shtml

It is a bit trickier than with a full CM system but it is possible using the E.164 number as the direct to voicemail number. Also, the * key cannot be used as it is in CM so you need to setup a different leading digit (0-9).

This doesn't appear to work in my scenario since I'm using Callmanager Express, but standard Unity (not Unity Express).

Thanks,

Brian

Instead of a route-point, use an ephone-dn with 'call-forward all' to the voicemail number.

As with CCM, you'll need to configure the Unity Alternate Ext to match the new ephone-dn.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the reply, though your details are a little slim. What do you mean? This will route the call to Unity, but then what?

I thought about a Callhandler or routing rule, but don't think it will work cleanly.

king-michael
Level 4
Level 4

Here's what I did:

CallManager IP: 172.16.1.1

CCME Extensions: 4XXX

CCME

----

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination-pattern *4...

session target ipv4:172.16.1.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

CallManager

-----------

Created an H323 Gateway with IP Address of CCME and on the inbound only accepted 4-digits (this will strip the '*'. You could have also written a translation-rule that stripped the '*' on the 'dial-peer' in CCME as well.

Create a CTI Port with extension '4XXX' and forward everthing to voicemail.

This works fine, however, the only caveat is that it's using VM ports between CallManager and Unity and not the VM ports between CCME and Unity. Shouldn't be that big a deal though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: