cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCP Issues/questions

Michael Seden
Level 1
Level 1

Opened up the CCNA voice Book and started studying. I found CCP in the  book and doewnloaded it to my pc. It is only opening to half or 1/3 of  the ie window. updated adobe no juice. Java? Have to run as  administrator to get it to open. Any feedback is appreciated. I really  use the CLI but figured more is better...and its got a few words in the  book...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I have a wild guess, did you try to lunch CCP on Win XP compatibility mode?

I also found this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2162002

The sugestion on that post fixed the issue for Win 7!

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Well that's weird,

I'll try to delete CCP completely, erase all remaining folders and files related to it, run a regitry cleaner, like ccleaner, reboot the pc and try again.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jorge,

Deleted, cleaned, scrubed, for both versions 2.6 and 2.7 as you suggested. Still get the same partial window. I also tried opening a supprt case with the virtual engineers as well. still no reply from them. It wouldn't bother me except that the CCNA voice study guide spends so much time on this CCP GUI. I really want to become proficient with CME.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions

Mike

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Exactly the same problem here. Seems to be an issue on Win 7 machines. Not sure if it's Java version related or not, but get the same issue with "half a page". I had the same problem on two different laptops, one used to work but now doesn't. The second was a completely fresh install.

I don't use CCP very much, however by workaround was to install it on a Windows XP machine which seems to work fine.

I was meaning to raise a TAC case, but haven't had the time so far.Will try and do this in the next couple of days.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

What version of Windows did you try? x32 x64?

--
Jorge Armijo

Hi Jorge

My laptop is x32.

My customer's I have to be honest I'm not 100% certain, but I think that was x64.

I've also tried using different browsers (launching CCP, and then using Firefox / Chrome to connect to the same URL that IE tries to connect to). Same issue.

Barry Hesk

Hi Barry,

Can you check the CCP release notes, section:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/v2_6/rlsnts/ccp_rel_notes.html#wp78816

Let's see if some of the settings specified on the doc are not configured.

--
Jorge Armijo

Hi Jorge

Thanks for your pointers.

Been through that doc already, and yes, all of the Java Run Time stuff is configured correctly, including the advanced settings.

So basically I have

Win 7x32

IE 10

Java 1.6.0(45).

Flash Player.

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I get this error in Java Run Time:

netscape.javascript.JSException: No such method "invokeLaunchDashboard" on JavaScript object

at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.newJSException(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.waitForReply(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.main.client.MessagePassingJSObject.call(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.xdm.CounterpointSDMApplet.init(CounterpointSDMApplet.java:310)

at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.init(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Barry Hesk

Jorge,

As far as this step goes,-

Go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advance.

Step 2 Select "Java Plug-in" tree.

Step 3 Uncheck the check box for Enable next-generation Java Plug-in.

This is what I see-

Hi Michael,

I can see that the Java version is 1.6.0_35 and CCP supports up to 1.6.0_27, can you downgrade the Java version?

--
Jorge Armijo

Personally I've tried 1.6.0(27). No difference.

As an aside, I have 1.6.0(45) on my XP machine and that works fine, even though it throws up the same "no such method" run time error.

Barry Hesk

Very interesting Barry,

I'll give it a try on my computer and will let you know how it goes...

--
Jorge Armijo

I'm installing Win 7 x32 on a virtual machine, I'll install flash and java, then CCP, let's see how it goes, I'll try as well on my PC.

--
Jorge Armijo

Hi all,

I installed CCP 2.6 on my PC, Win 7 Pro x32 latest java version and I did not ge the issue.

Can you try this:

-Close the CCP application

-Clear the IE cache from the browser  (Tools-> Internet options, delete cache, cookies, temp internet  files).

-Clear the Java cache from Start->ControlPanel ->Java (or  java 32).-> General Tab-> Settings. Delete Files.

Now launch CCP application (with Right click on the CCP icon and choose Run as Admin).

Let us know how it goes.

--
Jorge Armijo

Jorge,

Followed your suggestions, still have no juice.

Please post the link or the file for the 32 bit version of 2.6 you are using. Also my PC runs both 64 and 32 so if you have a CCP version 2.6 or 2.7 that will do 64 please post that as well.

cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_6-en

cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_7-en

are the 2 that I have downloaded and tried. Here is the view.

Snip 2.PNG

I have also attached a ccptech file that was generated on one of my attempts.

Maybe that will help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: