Views
Helpful
Replies

CE Softrware Registration Failed

Ovais Yousuf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have migrated Cisco DX80 Android based to CE Software version by following the Cisco document exactly. 

But the device is still not registered with CUCM 10.5.2

I have installed device pack  (cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.14076-1.cop.sgn) and Cop file will converted from Android to CE (  cmterm-synergy-ce8_2_1_no_defaults.cop.sgn ) and followed all the steps mentioed in the document.

The device is showing SIP Registration failed.

Failed: 404 Not Found / Unable to find device/user in database.

All though I have created the user also and associeted it with the device also but still not registered :(

Any Help would be appreciated with deep heart.

Best Regards

OY

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shashank,

Thanks for detailed steps. I did follow your steps and the document available to convert DX70 and DX80 from Android to CE based software and everything went smooth. Post upgrade to CE based software, i have added static IP and completed the configurations [DNS and CUCM] in the phone.

Now the phone is not getting registered, it throws an error "SIP Registration failed: 485 Ambiguous / Device type mismatch. Verify SIP configuration and connectivity to SIP proxy"

I did try to delete the phone from cucm and then added again, pointed to a secondary node of CUCM, rebooted the endpoints, rebooted the CUCM, changed the phone load, activated all the services in CUCM and rebooted the CUCM, but still the issue is not solved. could you please help me to get this issue fixed.

I have the same issue with DX70 and DX80 phones

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chandra

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

- Have you installed the device pack on all nodes of your CUCM cluster and performed cluster reboot post device pack installation?

- Please check the output of "show version active" from your CUCM nodes to verify that the required COP files are installed.

- You need to delete the old registration of the device (device type Cisco DX70 or Cisco DX80) after the firmware upgrade and create a new device with device type Cisco TelePresence DX70 or Cisco TelePresence DX80. If this isn't done then device would continue to show unregistered.

Hi Shashank,

As you said I have performed all the three steps. but unfortunately the current position is worst then the previous . Now there is nothing showing on CUCM after the reboot of the server cluster. :(

Best Regards

OY

Have you guys figured this out yet? So we followed the upgrade from android to CE8.2.1 and everything is up and running. UCM shows the device as unknown, but the DX80 itself is grabbing the DN and settings (web page enabled, etc...) from UCM, but in UCM it keeps saying unknown and the DX80 itself says "Not registered" We have the device pack installed and even tried the same process on a lab version of UCM and it didn't work over there.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated? See attachments.

Hi Joel,

No still and the Problem is as similar as it is yours. UCM is showing unknown and is unable to Show the Active Load: as cmterm-synergy-ce8_2_0_no_defaults.cop.sgn

and the DX80 device is also showing that it is unregisterd and with the two same Errors of SIP Registration failed.

Hi,

we are using Call manager 11.0.1.21900-11 along with DX70  running on sipdx70.10-2-5-207

We want to convert it to CE.We uploaded device pack, restarted server and got the option of Cisco Telepresence DX70. 

we uploaded sipdx70.ce820.rel in CUCM and copied in Phone Load name but everytime the upgrade "Fails" . Did factory reset but same status.

Lasltly, I deleted DX70 and added the same phone as Cisco Telepresence DX70.This time it shows upgrading on DX70 as well as in CUCM but keeps on happening on days.

This I tried for two times but did not find any change. Seems DX70 goes in loop.

Can somebody advice ?

regds,

aman

same problem for me.

Not registered and "sip proxy" failed.

Any solutions for this?

Hi Shashank,

1) Is there any way to delete the loaded software installed into the CUCM (OS Administration > Show > Software). I mean i am willing to delete the previous installed Software Options and wanted to install them again.

2) Secondly the first problem is still not solved well I tried to re-migrate from CE to Android again and it was happend successfully and DX80 was registered successfully on the CUCM but suddenly after few minutes the DX device automatically upgraded back to CE software and again not registerd with CUCM.

I am looking forward to have some guidance

Best Regards

OY

- There isn't any way to uninstall the COP file that you have installed on your CUCM cluster already.

- In the attached screenshot I see that your DX80 is still having an active load ID of SIP firmware which should not be the case. It should show the active load ID of CE firmware only. I suspect that you have installed "cmterm-dx80-ce820-208-rel-no-defaults.cop.sgn" file instead of "cmterm-synergy-ce8_2_1_no_defaults.cop.sgn" file.

I am summarizing the steps to convert your DX80 from Android to CE. Please check and verify that you have following these steps:

1. Check that the DX device is running the Android-based software version 10.2.5.207 or later. If not, upgrade the device following normal procedures.

2. Update the Cisco UCM Device Package based on the version the Cisco UCM is running. Refer to the Cisco UCM documentation for details on installation. When the device pack is updated you can add the device types Cisco TelePresence DX70 and Cisco TelePresence DX80. These device types are reserved for DX70 and DX80 units that run CE software.
If you have multiple Cisco UCMs in a cluster, this cop file must be installed on each Cisco UCM, and all Cisco UCMs must be restarted.

3. Install the cop file, cmterm-synergy-ce8_2_0_no_defaults.cop.sgn, on Cisco UCM and restart the TFTP service. This file contains the software that converts from the Android-based software to CE software for DX70 and DX80 devices.

4. On CUCM Admin page > Device > Phone > Click the device’s name to open the Phone Configuration page.
The device type should be Cisco DX70 or Cisco DX80, and the DX Android-based software version (Active Load ID) must be 10.2.5.207 or later.

5. Enter the name of the CE software package in the Phone Load Name input field. You need software package sipdx70.ce820.rel.loads or later for DX70, and sipdx80.ce820.rel.loads or later for DX80.

6. Click Save, followed by Apply Config.
Now the DX device upgrades to CE software for the first time. It takes approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on your set-up). You can check the Real-time Device Status toward the top of the Phone Configuration page.

Do NOT tap Get started in the Welcome screen that appears on the DX device when the new software is installed.

7. Go back to Cisco UCM, and check the Real-time Device Status towards the top of the Phone Configuration page. You will see that the device (Cisco DX70 or Cisco DX80) is Unregistered.

8. This is the old registration of the device (device type Cisco DX70 or Cisco DX80). You have to delete this device from Cisco UCM, and create a new device with device type Cisco TelePresence DX70 or Cisco TelePresence DX80.
You may want to make a copy of some of the fields for the existing device (for example the MAC address) to make it easier to create and register a new device. Take such a copy before you continue with the next step.

9. Click Delete, to remove the current device from Cisco UCM.

10. Click Add new to create a new device.

11. Select Phone Type Cisco TelePresence DX70 or Cisco TelePresence DX80, and fill in all the required fields in Cisco UCM, just like for any other device that runs CE software.
When you are done with entering the required details in Cisco UCM, click Save.
Go back to your physical DX device to continue.

12. Tap Get Started on the Welcome screen on the DX device.
If your DHCP is setup with option 150, DX will automatically connect with your CUCM else you have to manually provide the IP address/hostname of your CUCM in the Server Address input field, and tap Apply.

13. Tap Activate to continue.

14. Tap Done to finalise the setup.

Now, the DX device should be up and running on CE software.

Hi Shashank,

Thanks for detailed steps. I did follow your steps and the document available to convert DX70 and DX80 from Android to CE based software and everything went smooth. Post upgrade to CE based software, i have added static IP and completed the configurations [DNS and CUCM] in the phone.

Now the phone is not getting registered, it throws an error "SIP Registration failed: 485 Ambiguous / Device type mismatch. Verify SIP configuration and connectivity to SIP proxy"

I did try to delete the phone from cucm and then added again, pointed to a secondary node of CUCM, rebooted the endpoints, rebooted the CUCM, changed the phone load, activated all the services in CUCM and rebooted the CUCM, but still the issue is not solved. could you please help me to get this issue fixed.

I have the same issue with DX70 and DX80 phones

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chandra

Hi Chandra,

The only issue I found during this whole upgrading process is You need to assign the DHCP to your CUCM if not .. The Dx80 CE based will not be registered with CUCM. Try not to give the static IP to DX80 CE based just click on the dynamic IP option on Dx80 then It will take the IP from the CUCM automatically and then the device will be registered.

OY 

Hi yousuf1,

Thanks for your update.

I will give it a try and let you know the outcome. Incase if i had to use a static ip, what could be the solution.

By the way, with static ip the phone is not getting registered but the phone gets the assigned line number. Is this an expected behavior.

Thanks,

Chandra

Just to add : I came across this issue but no resolution :

DX looses static config when upgraded
CSCux85468
Description
Symptom:
Unable to retain IPv4 static config after a firmware upgrade; system defaults back to DHCP.

Conditions:

Workaround:
none

Further Problem Description:
refer to bug CSCux14111

calla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In my case the device pack is missing, thats the reason the phones are not getting registered.

Thanks,

Chandra

Hi yousuf,

i tried assigning the DHCP, still the issue remains same. Any other options?

Thanks,

Chandra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: