Views
Helpful
Replies

Central site + Remote site AdHoc conferencing

mjmanning
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

We have a distributed call manager setup with 2 main sites. Each site is in it's own media resource group. Is there a way to enable ADHoc conferencing between (e.g pstn call + phone A makes adhoc conference with phone b in other site) conference the sites WITHOUT configuring multicast routing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What codec are you using between Site A and Site B.

If you are configured for G729. Then you better have a transcoder.

If not then you will not be able to confrence using the callmanger as the confrence resources.

If you do have a transcoders make sure they are available to both the Media resource Groups. that either phone is using.

You can tell what codec you are using on the phones prior to the confrence by hitting the ? trice on the phone. it will display the codec.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure if understand your question, but when phone A initizates a conference the conference resource of phone A's media resource group is being used. Multicast routing has nothing to do with this, the conference bridge wheather a hardware or software does the job of mixing streams. Phone calls are redirected to the conference bridge IP address.

Please remember to rate all posts!

Chris

Sorry, let me try to be a bit clearer. My extension is at site B in MRG B (The Sub is here), you are at site A in MRG A (The Pub is here).

Now, a client calls from the PSTN and I answer it with ip phone B. Client wants a conference with you who just happens to be in site A. I hit the Conf key, dial your extension and you answer. Now when I hit the Conf key again, the display on my ip phone says ' Can't complete conference'.

Now the questions:

1. What causes this?

2. Can this be fixed?

3. If so, how?.

Hope this is better.

What codec are you using between Site A and Site B.

If you are configured for G729. Then you better have a transcoder.

If not then you will not be able to confrence using the callmanger as the confrence resources.

If you do have a transcoders make sure they are available to both the Media resource Groups. that either phone is using.

You can tell what codec you are using on the phones prior to the confrence by hitting the ? trice on the phone. it will display the codec.