cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER CTI RP

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am working on CER design where there are 3 sites connected to the same PSAP center. I want to make sure that when CER is down the 911 calls go out with the default ELIN for that destination, I am planning on using three 911 CTI RP in site specific parition, and set the Call Forward Busy, Failure, etc to point to the appropriate Route Pattern.

My question is, is this supported, can you have 3 identical (different paritions) CTI Route Points pointing to CER?

Chris

8 Replies 8

I don't believe this how it was designed as you have the option to specify only one CTI port in the configuration for the Primary ER Server. Additionally the CER documentation states the Primary ER CTI port should be marked as the Primary extension when configuring the CER JTAPI user's controlled devices. I don't know if that's an absolute requirement or not though as I've always configured the primary CTI RP as the primary extension.

Now if it isn't then technically you can only specify 1 DN in CER as the Primary Route point but if the DN is the same CCM in different partitions and all controlled by the JTAPI user, it might work. Something I wouldn't want in production though as I'm sure this is an unsupported Cisco configuration and wouldn't want something like 911 service taking a hit.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

So, how would you handle seperate default locations in case CER goes down? i don't want the emergency services to show up at one location which is 50 miles away from the one where the call originated from?

Chris

For high availability CER has an option for a secondary CER server. You create your primary Route Point which is controlled by the Primary CER, ex 911. You also create a secondary route point, ex 912, that is owned by the secondary CER. On the primary route point you make the CFB or CFNA to forward to the secondary route point. Thus if the primary CER server is down then the route point will forward to the secondary. Additionally you could have a 3rd route point that could then route to 911 in case both CER route points are down. This option would not be able to provide the PSAP with the correct ELIN though but it would insure the call got to some kind of emergency services. This 3rd route point could also be routed to an internal manned station that a operator could then forward to 911 based of what site is calling. That manned station would need to have a phone that could call translations for each site. This unique translation would then route out the correct site location. So there are a couple of ways to handle redundancy, unfortunately none that are going to automatically route outside of CER.

Hope this helps

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Thanks Fred,

I opened a TAC case on it, but have not heard yet, anyway I agree with you.

Chris

Chris,

Cool let me know what they say back as I wanted to do the same style configuration as you a little while back.

Thanks

Fred

He initially said it should work, but then tested it and only one random CTI RP registers with CER. I confirmed that with another source. TAC does not know if it's on the roadmap.

Chris

Thanks for replying back. Mental noted for future reference.

Fred

I opened a TAC case similar to this. They said there were plans to improve this functionality in the future but no date was given. It was explained to me that as it is now if the CER goes down or the route points are not accessible then you can specify it to go out another route pattern to the PSAP but it will only display the location of that one building (or whatever you use in the translation mask)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: