Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Queries.

Jay Schulze
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know a couple queries for CER which will show phones it's learned via switch port? With just mac, DN.

And unallocated phones?

I see the tables via show tech systables. But they don't contain the data I would think. For example.

run sql select * from cerunlocatedphone

Only shows about 1/5 of the actual unallocated phones I see from the GUI.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think that table is updated in real-time, or at least it's never matched exactly for me with what's listed in ceradmin. You can just use the 'Export' feature at the top right of the 'Unlocated Phones' page. I don't recall when that feature was added, but it's in 11.5.2 for sure.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
As Will said, export, or maybe the API to pull a list in XML format.

So this was actually for automation. Export from gui wasn't an option. API either.

But in case anyone else runs across this was able to find a query that works.

1. (for switch ports) run sql select erl.name, switch.switchid,switch.switchports from cererl erl,cerswitchport switch where switch.fkerl=erl.erlid
  2. (for unallocated phones) run sql select phones.macaddress, erl.name from cererl erl, cerunlocatedphone phones where phones.fkerl=erl.erlid

Thank you Jay. This is very helpful. Do you have more sql queries for CER to share?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: